Around the League 2020

Bobby816

I hate to be redundant but my god just watch any other game and the jets arent even on the same planet. like wtf do we actually do in practice? If we played Clemson I bet we'd struggle. We are not an NFL organization right now. We have 2 non garbage time TDs in 3 games in an era where offense couldn't be any easier. 13 more weeks of this is going to be so bad.

Also, we sucked, but we might not have even been in the top 3 terrible performances yesterday:

• The Eagles not even trying to win the game in OT (punting at the end)
  • Atlanta continued being intensely afraid of leads

Okay nah, we're probably in third for the level of embarassment provided. But still, that's not first!

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For the countless guys who say teams don't need 2 good WRs... look at what Diggs and Brown are doing in Buffalo. Allen with over 1,000yds already with 10tds and 1 int. Look at Wilson with Metcalf and Lockett. DAK with Cooper, Gallup and Lamb. Just to name a few.

As someone who was happy that we let Robby Anderson walk because I thought he was asking for too much money... yeah, I was wrong. Getting rid of a WR that Darnold had some rapport with, and someone who forces defenses to defend deep, was not a good idea. Doubly so given that we didn't have much of a plan to replace him.

If we don't invest in receivers next offseason, we're going to continue to be painful to watch.

And yeah, what Buffalo have done with Josh Allen is downright impressive.

Edited by TheChad
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

For the countless guys who say teams don't need 2 good WRs... look at what Diggs and Brown are doing in Buffalo. Allen with over 1,000yds already with 10tds and 1 int. Look at Wilson with Metcalf and Lockett. DAK with Cooper, Gallup and Lamb. Just to name a few.

(Not being argumentative, honest question) - But didn't you also not agree with paying Robby? This is why I have been echoing that it made no sense to not bring back a Sam favorite, an ascending player, and an explosive player

I think only 3 of us on this board were on board with paying him

Just now, Bianconero said:

(Not being argumentative, honest question) - But didn't you also not agree with paying Robby? This is why I have been echoing that it made no sense to not bring back a Sam favorite, an ascending player, and an explosive player

I think only 3 of us on this board were on board with paying him

And I'll be happy to say I was dead wrong in not wanting us to pay him. Now if you remember..... I didn't want to move on from Robby. I just didn't want us to overpay for him. But apparently we should have. Bc not only do we need him BAD. But he's having a nice start to the season as well. So I was wrong for not wanting to give him #1 WR money.

We need WR talent BIG TIME period. FA and draft need to be big at this spot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

And I'll be happy to say I was dead wrong in not wanting us to pay him. Now if you remember..... I didn't want to move on from Robby. I just didn't want us to overpay for him. But apparently we should have. Bc not only do we need him BAD. But he's having a nice start to the season as well. So I was wrong for not wanting to give him #1 WR money.

We need WR talent BIG TIME period. FA and draft need to be big at this spot. 

Did Robby check with JD for a chance to topple Panthers' offer?