Around the League 2020

Bobby816

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I just read Sunday that not one GM who was interview would not give up a first round pick to get Darnold. It was posted on the NY Jets news site. I not sure but I think it was Adam Schefter who wrote it.

I saw that but I also saw another one before that saying the Jets can get a second or a late first.  I want to say two teams in the late first could pull the trigger but I could be making that up.

I wonder how he would do in Vegas.  Seems like Carr can be maddening.  I don't want to see him in Indy, I don't like their team but at least they have an OL.

So given that it's, shall we say, unlikely that the Jets win it all this year... who do you want to?

I like Vrabel and the Titans but they seem to be in trouble with the virus. Our level of ineptitude has me feeling happy for the Browns' fans who had to put up with similar, so I can enjoy their success. I also like the Los Angeles McVays.

4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I saw that but I also saw another one before that saying the Jets can get a second or a late first.  I want to say two teams in the late first could pull the trigger but I could be making that up.

I wonder how he would do in Vegas.  Seems like Carr can be maddening.  I don't want to see him in Indy, I don't like their team but at least they have an OL.

We would take one hell of a beating for that deal, we gave up two second round picks to the Colts to move up only three  spots to get Darnold.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I just read Sunday that not one GM who was interview would not give up a first round pick to get Darnold. It was posted on the NY Jets news site. I not sure but I think it was Adam Schefter who wrote it.

The way you worded it was weird. So they would give up a first or they wouldn’t ?

its a 23 year old QB with some impressive things on tape and a year left on his rookie deal. If Rosen netted a 2...Sam isn’t getting traded for less than a 2 plus. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

We would take one hell of a beating for that deal, we gave up two second round picks to the Colts to move up only three  spots to get Darnold.

That’s the past man you take as good of a deal as you can and you move forward if that’s the route you wanna go. I personally don’t even know where I stand. I keep watching Lawrence and for all the hype he gets...he’s not nearly as impressive as some would leave you to believe. He’s not a generational talent and if I hear that again I might snap. He’s a more polished Jared Goff who might not even have Goffs arm talent but has the experience and leadership. I’m leaning toward resurrecting Sam under a better HC. 

40 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

That’s the past man you take as good of a deal as you can and you move forward if that’s the route you wanna go. I personally don’t even know where I stand. I keep watching Lawrence and for all the hype he gets...he’s not nearly as impressive as some would leave you to believe. He’s not a generational talent and if I hear that again I might snap. He’s a more polished Jared Goff who might not even have Goffs arm talent but has the experience and leadership. I’m leaning toward resurrecting Sam under a better HC. 

If we got multiple 1sts and multiple 2nds so someone could take Lawrence that would be very beneficial.  This team isn't a QB away from competing.  It's a HC and entire team away.

5 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If we got multiple 1sts and multiple 2nds so someone could take Lawrence that would be very beneficial.  This team isn't a QB away from competing.  It's a HC and entire team away.

Agreed. I have my issues with Darnold trust me. There things he has been absolutely terrible at, but Lawrence is ridiculously overrated as a prospect. He couldnt possibly be in any easier of a situation and very rarely is asked to make difficult throws. The long throws he makes are often to wide open receivers. I am leaning on taking the picks and trading down. 

While this is certainly true, but maybe, just maybe, it is because they have a real coaching staff. And lets not forget they lost the game when they were up by 17 at the half and up by 7 with 2 minutes to go and could not stop a 41 yo QB without his best WR.  Nobody will remember a 3 point loss vs. a 20 point loss.  A loss is a loss.

Focusing entirely on O in the offseason is great on paper, but there are still two main units on a FB that helps win games.  We (You) should know that considering how the Jets have ignored the O over the last decade or so.  You can't just completely ignore one of the two main units, O and D.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Rookie Justin Herbert with 4 TDs tonight. Jets have 4 TD passes all season. Maybe just maybe it’s bc he has guys like Allen, Williams and Henry to throw to.

I mean he had Robby last year and was unable to utilize him.

17 hours ago, ekill08x said:

We are going to disagree here. T Law has torn up great D like Alabama who is always putting up several 1st round D guys every year. That D is probably better than the Jets D. You take Law no matter what and build around him with the picks you got from Seattle. I would really like for us to use the 5th year option on Sam and let him start next year and keep T Law on the bench for a year. If Sam does great next year then you can get a boat load for him or keep him depending on what you think is best. T Law has a 4 year cheap rookie deal. I just think Sam is broken and needs a new team. I want T Law bad and have him sit one year would be the best situation possible. Then in 2022 you have 2 first round picks to add for help when he takes over. 

• Like 2

Just now, Malik said:

I notice in a subtle way people are starting to question Darnold, over the last few weeks. No way I want to give up on Darnold, yet but i think we are on thin ice with him.  We all see how these first year rookie QB are doing and we don't see the same thing from Sam. 

42 minutes ago, Malik said:

Robbys didn’t have a bad year last year. He had almost  800yds and like 6 TDS. Not as good of a start as he’s off to this year. But let’s remember that he had guys on the street throwing him the ball for a few games last year as well. 

58 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I notice in a subtle way people are starting to question Darnold, over the last few weeks. No way I want to give up on Darnold, yet but i think we are on thin ice with him.  We all see how these first year rookie QB are doing and we don't see the same thing from Sam. 

Most aren't so subtle.  Darnold is broken and may be unfixable, at least on this team.  Who, what, how are irrelevant questions at this point.  We need a fresh start with a new, highly touted QB and a fresh coaching staff along with the trust fund babies doing nothing but signing checks.

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Rookie Justin Herbert with 4 TDs tonight. Jets have 4 TD passes all season. Maybe just maybe it’s bc he has guys like Allen, Williams and Henry to throw to.

Wentz is throwing to some guy named Fulman or something like that.  The excuse time is up.  This coaching staff is horrendous so it's not all Sam's fault but guys are succeeding with less than ideal situations.