Around the League 2020

Bobby816

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

You have to be able to identify talent in order to around a QB with talent. I think we don’t know how to do either. 
Im scared we don’t value weapons. And bc if that we don’t have the ability to identify it on top of that.

If we don’t then JD will be out of town in a year or 2

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

You have to be able to identify talent in order to around a QB with talent. I think we don’t know how to do either. 
Im scared we don’t value weapons. And bc if that we don’t have the ability to identify it on top of that.

JD took a LT and WR with his first two picks.  Pretty sure he gets it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Well, they may almost blew it by trading down 11 spots. Claypool and Jefferson were only taken between old and new picks.  Wonder what would Jets do if Mims was taken by 59th. 

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

There’s a debate to that in that he actual didn’t value Mims highly. At the end of the day we drafted him so it doesn’t matter. But if he thought he was as good as some of us thought... there’s no way he would’ve traded back. Bc I think there’s nearly a 0% chance he thought when he traded back that he’d still be there.

It's hard for me to grade JD's draft because the players aren't healthy. He didn't draft a bunch of guys with bad injury histories. I don't like the vet moves he made outside of the oline & quincy Wilson, but I did feel good about his draft class. I think Jabari & Bryce Hall were the 2 we expected injuries or recovery time. With the potential $90M, picks, a year to evaluate the roster, and getting his coach, I think we're going to get a good look at where he's going with this roster. 

The difference between Idzik & macc vs JD is that they were drafting guys that couldn't last on the practice squad. We were literally cutting guys the same year they were drafted and they would get kicked off other team's PS. Another reason why I felt so bad about Bowles. He was asked to win under macc who gave him McCown, Fitz, hackenberg, and Petty to win with during his first four seasons. We drafted some guys we weren't expecting, but I don't think we had the usual WTF picks we normally would get. 

I do hope we pick up a experienced but young WR or RB that cans start. Someone like Juju would be great to pair with Crowder, and Mims so Trevor isn't surrounded by rookies who are also learning the game under a new HC. Even a TE he can trust would be great. Looking at all the QBs we love had those type of guys around that he could trust. Wilson had Lynch, Rodgers had Jennings & Driver, and etc. Our QB will have to learn how to communicate with & study with experienced guys that can help on the field. 

I trust JD. He focused on the OL. It’s not like he decided to not address offensive weapons in order to improve our DL for example. The Jets were and still are a mess. But we have building blocks on the OL now. Becton, Fant and Edoga are a good trio of OTs. The interior is so so. We need to add one above guy on the interior to really solidify the OL. I’m expecting him to go hard after offensive weapons next offseason. Mostly in the draft and 1 or 2 guys in FAs. 

Edited by SDotNova

1 minute ago, Abe56 said:

Watching Tannehill post Gase is so different from the guy his last few seasons in Mia

Feel a similar surge from Sam when he gets away from him as well

I was about to say the same thing. I’m watching Tannehill and he looks really good. Then you have Robby leave and explode under a different coach. Only slot WRs have success under Gase.

Darnold will find his way once he gets from under Gase.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Well, they may almost blew it by trading down 11 spots. Claypool and Jefferson were only taken between old and new picks.  Wonder what would Jets do if Mims was taken by 59th. 

But JD didn’t, did he. In fact the Jets got a good receiver AND an extra pick. Great move by JD.  Please stop with the what MAY have happened. It didn’t. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Unfortunately, that boost is likely to come with another team. Despite my believe that we should trade out of Lawrence, I fully admit that its more likely that they select him and move Darnold. 

I’m in the mind set is that unless we are the #1 pick we roll with Darnold and load him up with talent. If we have the #1 pick, IMO we have to take Lawrence. And still load up on offense.

So our future really IMO depends on our draft spot.

• Like 1