Around the League 2020

Bobby816

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I expect it too. I hope TV sells an individual team ticket instead of NFL Sunday Ticket or similar ones.

I've been screaming for this for years. I refuse to get the NFL package and I generally go out and watch the Jets games living here in TX (several of my friends have the package as well). I just look at it from a financial aspect. I refuse to get the ticket to not watch 75% of games. They'd at least get some money out of me if I could get every Jets game.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I've been screaming for this for years. I refuse to get the NFL package and I generally go out and watch the Jets games living here in TX (several of my friends have the package as well). I just look at it from a financial aspect. I refuse to get the ticket to not watch 75% of games. They'd at least get some money out of me if I could get every Jets game.

You are also assuming the NFL operates on the basis of logic.

There's no incentive to do a team ticket subscription. Most of the fans live in range to watch the game on local cable - including over air. Sunday Ticket is a cure-all for expat fans, and most are willing to spend the yearly fee just to see their team.

If it comes with Redzone though, that plus your team would be worth it alone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 3:45 PM, NJerseypaint said:

There's no incentive to do a team ticket subscription. Most of the fans live in range to watch the game on local cable - including over air. Sunday Ticket is a cure-all for expat fans, and most are willing to spend the yearly fee just to see their team.

If it comes with Redzone though, that plus your team would be worth it alone.

The Max ticket cost 100 bucks more than regular just to get Redzone.  Are you nuts? lol.

Anyway I don't think it is good idea to pay 300 bucks to watch NFL games hoping none of them get COVID  19.   Best player out of action for 2 or 3 weeks kills.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

NE getting several starters opting out for 2020.

Conspiracy theory here.  Could Belichick be behind this?  Think about it.  NE knows they have little hope of a title.  With the uncertainty of a true 16 or 17 game season, Bill will tank using opt out players as an excuse.  He saves face and the team gets high draft picks (assuming we have a conventional draft).  This would be brilliant.  Imagine NE getting Trevor Lawrence.

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

Conspiracy theory here.  Could Belichick be behind this?  Think about it.  NE knows they have little hope of a title.  With the uncertainty of a true 16 or 17 game season, Bill will tank using opt out players as an excuse.  He saves face and the team gets high draft picks (assuming we have a conventional draft).  This would be brilliant.  Imagine NE getting Trevor Lawrence.

I see your point but the players opting out aren't really guys moving the needle "too" much. Hightower, Chung and Cannon are quality starters, but not irreplaceable. I for one wasn't thinking NE was getting the division this year anyway. I think it will be between us and Buffalo in all honesty with the edge going to Buffalo.

My point being that NE I still think has too much talent and coaching to be drafting in the top 5.

45 minutes ago, xrade said:

While I'm sure BB spoke with his team to try and get folks to opt out, I don't think it's for the purpose of tanking. My bet would be that he told his guys that if they were leaning towards opting out he'd like them to opt out asap so that he gets the salary and roster flex to sign remaining FAs before other teams.