Around the League 2020

Bobby816

I think you guys are under estimating what the Jags have. They have a good WR and a good RB. 

I can see them winning against the Browns or the Bears. Heck they have the steelers coming to town and they look beat up. The steelers are due for a loss and it could come week 11. 

I still think the Jags will win at least 1 more maybe 2 depending how the cards fall. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think you guys are under estimating what the Jags have. They have a good WR and a good RB. 

I can see them winning against the Browns or the Bears. Heck they have the steelers coming to town and they look beat up. The steelers are due for a loss and it could come week 11. 

I still think the Jags will win at least 1 more maybe 2 depending how the cards fall. 

So because we have a good WR and RB we're going to pull out game(s) against a schedule full of playoff/fringe playoff teams after losing to teams like Cincy, HOU x2, LAC, etc.? Man, if that's all it took...

I mean odds are somehow we sneak a game. Same goes for you guys. But idk how you can expect that. We have a bottom 2-3 D and are trotting out below average QB play. That's not a recipe for success, especially against the teams on that schedule. 

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

So because we have a good WR and RB we're going to pull out game(s) against a schedule full of playoff/fringe playoff teams after losing to teams like Cincy, HOU x2, LAC, etc.? Man, if that's all it took...

I mean odds are somehow we sneak a game. Same goes for you guys. But idk how you can expect that. We have a bottom 2-3 D and are trotting out below average QB play. That's not a recipe for success, especially against the teams on that schedule. 

Well statistically you're just a WAY better team than us. So the odds are you will win another game more so than us winning 1 or 2. 

JAX rankings are this (which I'm sure you know).....

OFF: 351 yds per game (21st in the NFL)

DEF:418 yds per game (31st in the NFL)

Jets rankings are this...

OFF: 259 yds per game (last in the NFL by 40yds to the 31st team)

DEF: 399 yds per game (26th in the NFL)

So if you look at it from a standpoint of margin you guys have a yardage difference of 67yds. The Jets have one of 140yds a game. Not close. 

We pretty muc give up the same amount of points per game (like a .5 pts difference). But you guys score almost double what we average per game.

31 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well statistically you're just a WAY better team than us. So the odds are you will win another game more so than us winning 1 or 2. 

JAX rankings are this (which I'm sure you know).....

OFF: 351 yds per game (21st in the NFL)

DEF:418 yds per game (31st in the NFL)

Jets rankings are this...

OFF: 259 yds per game (last in the NFL by 40yds to the 31st team)

DEF: 399 yds per game (26th in the NFL)

So if you look at it from a standpoint of margin you guys have a yardage difference of 67yds. The Jets have one of 140yds a game. Not close. 

We pretty muc give up the same amount of points per game (like a .5 pts difference). But you guys score almost double what we average per game.

We're talking about an offense that has went downhill and fast from the first two weeks. We also now are trotting out Jake Luton (who had 3 interceptions dropped) against one of the worst defenses in the league this year. So those offensive numbers are skewed. We almost broke the record for 30+ points allowed in 7 straight games yesterday but kept them to 27 on the other side of the ball as well.

I'm not disputing we have more talent than you guys. But we play a gauntlet of a schedule. We don't have any more HOU/CIN type games left. When/if Darnold returns, he at least provides the upside of doing something.

54 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We're talking about an offense that has went downhill and fast from the first two weeks. We also now are trotting out Jake Luton (who had 3 interceptions dropped) against one of the worst defenses in the league this year. So those offensive numbers are skewed. We almost broke the record for 30+ points allowed in 7 straight games yesterday but kept them to 27 on the other side of the ball as well.

I'm not disputing we have more talent than you guys. But we play a gauntlet of a schedule. We don't have any more HOU/CIN type games left. When/if Darnold returns, he at least provides the upside of doing something.

Don't forget you guys have a coach that is way better than Gase. The only way the Jets win a game is if we fire Gase over the bye week. 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

Don't forget you guys have a coach that is way better than Gase. The only way the Jets win a game is if we fire Gase over the bye week. 

I'm not saying you will, I'm saying Darnold, if/when he plays, provides upside to do so regardless. Good QB play can do that. Darnold is more than capable. We don't have that.

Marrone has been atrocious outside of 2017. I'm not sure going with us having a good WR, a good RB, and a less terrible HC is the recipe for win(s) here.

This discussion is already depressing. Don't care to keep going back and forth on who can be worse from here on out. Point is, both of us are bad teams and both of us have a real chance to lose out.

55 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'm not saying you will, I'm saying Darnold, if/when he plays, provides upside to do so regardless. Good QB play can do that. Darnold is more than capable. We don't have that.

Marrone has been atrocious outside of 2017. I'm not sure going with us having a good WR, a good RB, and a less terrible HC is the recipe for win(s) here.

This discussion is already depressing. Don't care to keep going back and forth on who can be worse from here on out. Point is, both of us are bad teams and both of us have a real chance to lose out.

Darnold has been part of the problem this season. Not the solution. He’s still young so who knows. But he hasn’t looked like a QB that can win games this year. Last year he did. But not this year. Looks like he has 0 confidence bc of how bad we’ve been.

Darnold has 4 total tds in 6 games this year.

Luton has 2 in 1 game.

20 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Miami and Buffalo are so far ahead of us it’s sad.

Hiring Adam Gase was one of the worst moments in this franchises history IMO. The presser was really all we needed to see

The thing is we all questioned this at the time. It was a horrible hire and we’ve deserved (owners not us fans!) the ****show that’s followed. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Hiring Adam Gase was one of the worst moments in this franchises history IMO. The presser was really all we needed to see

Y'all wanted a young, offensive minded, QB background head coach, with experience and that's what y'all got. 

Miami and Buffalo did the complete opposite of everything y'all asked for.

The old saying goes.

You might get what you want but you might not want what you get.

41 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I'll always have the opinion that no coach was coming in and turning this around. This is years of ineptitude finally catching up to us. You can only go so long until it bottoms out.

It has finally caught  up to the Jets. This why I like the full rebuild plan JD seems to doing.  No more high priced FA’s or trading away draft picks. That route has mired the Jets in mediocrity for years.

The solution is rather simple. Hire a HC that can work hand-in-hand with JD. Define the O and D philosophy. Get the players via draft and supplement with FA.

50 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Easily one the worst decisions made. 

The good news is that we're in position to have a huge offseason with the coaches, free agency, and the draft. Adding a star potential WR, adding 2 to the Oline, and a RB changes everything on offense. The defense has a lot of gaps to fill so it may be a while unless we go with Martindale. 

I won't press Gase on anyone who wanted a offensive minded coach. No one wanted him and CJ screwed up there. We just have to move on now. We're at ground zero right now, so we're going up from here. We have at least 5 good coaches we can shoot our shots with right now. Raheem is killing it in Atlanta so they could end up keeping him leaving more options for us to pick from. I'm feeling good about 2021.