Around the League 2020

Bobby816

I like the blueprint that Arizona and even CIN have used to rebuild. Go Franchise QB early and build up the weapons around that QB. Along with a new HC in KK and Taylor.

AZ's weapons: Hopkins, Fitz, Kirk, Drake, Edmonds, Isabella

CIN's weapons: Green, Boyd, Higgins, Mixon, 

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I like the blueprint that Arizona and even CIN have used to rebuild. Go Franchise QB early and build up the weapons around that QB. Along with a new HC in KK and Taylor.

It does make a lot of sense. You might not win a lot early on (Arizona's first year with Murray, this year in Cincinnati with Burrow) but you give the QB a chance to grow and improve with some decent talent around him. And you'll know whether you've got the right guy in the most important position.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Only the competent GMs are doing this. Even Jacksonville has gone all in with competent weapons over the last few years foe better or worse (a-rob, shenault, chark, marqise lee, hurd, james robinson, fournette.) Imagine going there as a young QB. I'd have full confidence in the GM.

It amazes me that people were still in on little mac after how he neglected the offensive side of the ball and failed in literally ebery draft.

28 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Only the competent GMs are doing this. Even Jacksonville has gone all in with competent weapons over the last few years foe better or worse (a-rob, shenault, chark, marqise lee, hurd, james robinson, fournette.) Imagine going there as a young QB. I'd have full confidence in the GM.

It amazes me that people were still in on little mac after how he neglected the offensive side of the ball and failed in literally ebery draft.

They actually should have beat NE back a few years ago with Bortles to go to the SB. They had 4 decent WRs and LF to lead the offense. But it was their defense that won them games. But like a lot of teams built with defense... they can’t hang with the big offenses in the playoffs.

JAX owner pretty much traded that whole team away which was just awful. They could have rebuilt with a new QB and kept pieces in place.

1 hour ago, TheChad said:

It does make a lot of sense. You might not win a lot early on (Arizona's first year with Murray, this year in Cincinnati with Burrow) but you give the QB a chance to grow and improve with some decent talent around him. And you'll know whether you've got the right guy in the most important position.

And still sell tickets. I don't know of any fans that wouldn't be happy with what they are watching on the field despite the losses. Burrow and Kyler have been really fun to watch.

42 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

And still sell tickets. I don't know of any fans that wouldn't be happy with what they are watching on the field despite the losses. Burrow and Kyler have been really fun to watch.

If they would have allowed fans in the Jets game the stadium would still be empty. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

This is New York though not Arizona, fans want to win. I dont think selling to the fan base hey we wont be 0-9 and dreadful but we'll be 2-5-1 and exciting is something we want to hear. 

Only reason we enjoyed it on Monday was because we're all in on the tank but even still a lot of fans are unhappy with losing that game. 

30 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This is New York though not Arizona, fans want to win. I dont think selling to the fan base hey we wont be 0-9 and dreadful but we'll be 2-5-1 and exciting is something we want to hear. 

Only reason we enjoyed it on Monday was because we're all in on the tank but even still a lot of fans are unhappy with losing that game. 

We aren't so bad to not give a rookie QB a grace season. Arizona sits at 5-3 right now in one of the toughest divisions in the league. We'd be ecstatic with that outcome after 1.5 seasons.

Burrow is 2-5-1 but the games were close and Burrow looks legit - the exact scenario that had everyone cheering during Darnold's first season.

32 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

We aren't so bad to not give a rookie QB a grace season. Arizona sits at 5-3 right now in one of the toughest divisions in the league. We'd be ecstatic with that outcome after 1.5 seasons.

Burrow is 2-5-1 but the games were close and Burrow looks legit - the exact scenario that had everyone cheering during Darnold's first season.

So if Trevor Lawrence and say Eric Bienemy go 5-10-1 in year 1 that that is something that is okay to just deal with?

You know me, I look beyond the record at many variables involved but just the irrational nature of the fan base and what have you done for me lately mentality in the media. 

Part of me wants to sit Lawrence early for that very reason. Let a vet set the tone, winning or losing and then let Lawrence play hero or provide a spark to push over the top into a potential playoff berth.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

So if Trevor Lawrence and say Eric Bienemy go 5-10-1 in year 1 that that is something that is okay to just deal with?

You know me, I look beyond the record at many variables involved but just the irrational nature of the fan base and what have you done for me lately mentality in the media. 

Part of me wants to sit Lawrence early for that very reason. Let a vet set the tone, winning or losing and then let Lawrence play hero or provide a spark to push over the top into a potential playoff berth.

So Trevor coming in later in the season would lead us to a better record?  Just trying to understand what you're saying here.

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

So Trevor coming in later in the season would lead us to a better record?  Just trying to understand what you're saying here.

Possibly or ignite the fan base enough to provide hope going forward, which is what @NJerseypaint is saying happened in AZ with Murray and now in Cincy with Burrow.

Remember how bad Sam looked his rookie season? Then he got hurt and sat 3 games while McCown came in. Darnold comes back and goes throw for throw with Rodgers and Watson in December and even though we lost we saw the potential there but it was mostly flash in the pan type stuff as he's never been consistently that. 

Sitting Lawrence will allow whomever the coach is to see areas the team is lacking behind having a rookie QB who's adjusting. Then we can adjust those areas and when we do insert Lawrence into the line up there can be specific things to his game opposing teams just dont have on film. I just want the circumstances to be right for when Lawrence or whomever takes over. They say we "ruined" Darnold, I think this is a way to not "ruin" Lawrence

I do like the idea of sitting our rookie QB for at least a couple weeks unless he beats the vet early. We're going to have a lot of new players next season and they will need time to adjust the roster/scheme. Lawrence barely gets hit now, so I could see us waiting until our oline show chemistry before tossing him out there. 

On 11/12/2020 at 9:41 AM, Bobby816 said:

They actually should have beat NE back a few years ago with Bortles to go to the SB. They had 4 decent WRs and LF to lead the offense. But it was their defense that won them games. But like a lot of teams built with defense... they can’t hang with the big offenses in the playoffs.

JAX owner pretty much traded that whole team away which was just awful. They could have rebuilt with a new QB and kept pieces in place.

Completely agree. There recent tear down made no sense to me either. That team was loaded and just needed a QB. 

1 hour ago, Colt45fool said:

Completely agree. There recent tear down made no sense to me either. That team was loaded and just needed a QB. 

Ya it’s one thing to just draft awful like us. But they actually drafted great. And still tore it down. Too cheap to just pay their players.