Around the League 2020

Bobby816

15 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Tannenbaum was good until we had a few bad contracts and too many short term trades.  Once the OL, Thomas Jones, Holmes, Dougie Edwards slowed down Sanchez turned into a bum.

I still think him and Rex just missed out on being long term solutions here.

Yeah I think that combination of Rex/Tanny should of ended better but I believe Mangini had a lot to do with the earlier drafts that helped us have a good roster. That 2008 team was so talented and bar an implosion from Favre we would of had a chance that year. 

Like all good teams do; you strengthen when on top or from a position of strength. Instead of adding to the talent and letting younger blood develop and then replace the older vets we just went balls deep for a year or two and no plan B. 

However...those two first years of Rex were without a doubt the best time of watching any sports. And that’s coming from a Manchester United fan who grew up winning everything.

That two year stretch was special. Never going to get that again. Not just the performances but the personalities and characters on that team just made it so special. Gutted we only got to within touch of a Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 10:45 AM, Bobby816 said:

IMO I think TLaw would love to come to NY. Big market. Valuable draft assets and cap space. It’s also a challenge. Competitors like a challenge. And I think he’s that. For me there’s no complain to that of Elway or Eli. Eli in fact was forcing his way TO NY. And Elway didn’t want to go to Indy for several reason.

TLaw stands a better chance if goodbye back to school IMO if JAX gets the 1st pick more so than if we do.

It was the Baltimore Colts who drafted John Elway not Indy in 1983

I have this crazy feeling that the Jags are going to beat Pitt. The Jags are home coming off a very close loss to GB and Pitt has the Ravens next week. This is a classic trap game. Pitt has shown they can lose to anybody with that bad play on the road at Dallas. Pitt is just ready to lose and this is the game I think. 

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I have this crazy feeling that the Jags are going to beat Pitt. The Jags are home coming off a very close loss to GB and Pitt has the Ravens next week. This is a classic trap game. Pitt has shown they can lose to anybody with that bad play on the road at Dallas. Pitt is just ready to lose and this is the game I think. 

Browns, Vikings, Bears are their remaining winnable games. Just like ours are LAC, CLE, NE

35 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

That stadium is nice. Wish the Jets would build their own in Queens.

I hate metlife. They spent what, 1.5 billion and its a generic cookie cutter deal without any sort of roof option.

The Raiders and Falcons both spent a similar amount of cash and have  stadiums that are a million times better. 

The chargers stadium is awesome too, but they managaged to spend 6 billion dollars on that damn thing sooo yeah, it had better be amazing.

Great day for us draft wise. Several 2 win teams got their 3rd win. Making us still the only winless team and JAX the only 1 win team. Bengals being the only team left with 2 wins but since they have a tie... that hurts them. So we might as well fully understand that we will have the 1st or 2nd pick at this stage. Getting a win might happen. But getting 2 I just see nearly impossible. So TLaw or Fields it is.

44 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Great day for us draft wise. Several 2 win teams got their 3rd win. Making us still the only winless team and JAX the only 1 win team. Bengals being the only team left with 2 wins but since they have a tie... that hurts them. So we might as well fully understand that we will have the 1st or 2nd pick at this stage. Getting a win might happen. But getting 2 I just see nearly impossible. So TLaw or Fields it is.

I think the Jags will pull out another win. I think the Browns might be a win for the Jags. 

• 2 weeks later...