Around the League 2020

Bobby816

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

For the PFF guys or whatever advanced stats you have access to.....can we get a ranking of OLs?  I want to see what each QB is dealing with.

Guys like Herbert and Burrow.  Are they slinging it around despite their OLs or have the OLs been better than the Jets?

I am interested in that too. 
BUT... I know this will sound redundant.

But look at who those guys were throwing to.

Herbert had 3 great receiving weapons in Allen, Williams and Henry.

Burrow had Boyd, Green and Higgins to throw to.

And they both have receiving backs as well.

Ill also ways say OL matters. But receiving options matter a TON in today’s NFL

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You kind of need both. If the QB has no time it does not matter who is running down the field. Conversely, if receivers can’t get open and catch the ball it does not matter how much time he has.

That is not to say you need All-pros across the entire OL nor is it necessary to have 3 #1 WR’s.

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I am interested in that too. 
BUT... I know this will sound redundant.

But look at who those guys were throwing to.

Herbert had 3 great receiving weapons in Allen, Williams and Henry.

Burrow had Boyd, Green and Higgins to throw to.

And they both have receiving backs as well.

So if FA works out and we get Thuney and a WR then what do we emphasize in the draft?

FA, Crowder, Mims then I can't see us spending a top pick on a WR.  I would think Defense and RB.

49 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

So if FA works out and we get Thuney and a WR then what do we emphasize in the draft?

FA, Crowder, Mims then I can't see us spending a top pick on a WR.  I would think Defense and RB.

Well we’d still need another WR. But it wouldn’t have to be addressed in the 1st 2 rounds if we didn’t want to. I’d still like a lead back on a rookie deal if we could. And we could upgrade at RT if we wanted to and cut Fant. But this OT class is very deep.

So with the SEA 1st pick and the 34th pick. If we did get Thuney and Godwin... I’d like to grab a RB at 34 and maybe an edge or CB with the SEA pick. The edge FA class is good as well we have to remember.

On 1/5/2021 at 7:42 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

For the PFF guys or whatever advanced stats you have access to.....can we get a ranking of OLs?  I want to see what each QB is dealing with.

Guys like Herbert and Burrow.  Are they slinging it around despite their OLs or have the OLs been better than the Jets?

C'mon someone just told me the other week how awful Elflein is.  Can someone at least point me to what site is best to look at OL grades?

11 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

C'mon someone just told me the other week how awful Elflein is.  Can someone at least point me to what site is best to look at OL grades?

giphy.gif

No one paid to get information just feed it to us for free.   During the post combine days, information usually pop up and float around on the internet.

59 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

According to PFF, Elflein grades poorly in pass pro. We have all watched the games and I do not believe he is that bad. Grading iOL is tough because more than any other position grouping, they work as a unit. If one of the 3 falter, the whole unit looks bad, especially in pass pro. OT are easier to judge because they are usually on an island.

I have been looking for sites and they are either preseason or mostly filled with the household names. 

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

Hey guys. There are rumors that Deshaun Watson may want out of Houston and could ask for a trade. Would you all support trading the farm (#2 Overall Pick + Two 1sts from Adams Trade) for Watson?

Doubt it.  Joe Douglas plans to rebuild the team via drafts and he should stay true to that.

• Like 1

I'm split on the Watson idea. We have a chance now to draft a franchise QB this year and go into the next draft with two 1st round picks. Basically what Miami has now set up, but Lawrence or Fields will be better than Tua. lol It's hard to pass this opportunity up. 

At the same time, getting Watson at this point of his career feels similar to the Saints picking up Drew Brees. I love Watson and he is someone you can win it all with, just need the right team. So if he does want out (I can't blame him), I'd be interested. It depends on the price. We shouldn't trade this #2 pick.