Around the League 2020

Bobby816

3 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Trading Revis to just draft Milliner made perfect sense >>>>>>

Eh, sometimes it works out. It did for the Vikings this year taking Justin Jefferson with the pick they got for Stefon Diggs.

On the flip side, look at the Raiders in 2019 when they shocked the world by taking Clelin Ferrell #4 overall with guys like Devin White, Josh Allen, and Ed Oliver sitting right there. They weren't going to wait to take their Khalil Mack replacement with the same pick they got him with. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

And I get it, losing sucks and all Adams and Robby did here was lose and it’s fine to want to leave but don’t say you wanna stay and then leave and then spread that BS. Just move on like we have. 

It’s a way to cover themselves. Them saying they never wanted to leave is BS. It’s to try and save themselves.

Word is HOU isn't high on Tua. I'm surprised that QBs are even being thrown in a rumor of a trade with HOU. Odds are if they are trading they want a guy they can choose. That's why we give them the best chance of that at 2. They get their choice of Wilson or Fields there and start over.

• Like 1

Has anyone working for the Texans, including players, said anything about this situation?  Is it all just media speculation at this point?  Outside of Watsons actions of late has there been any “leaks” of info?  I only ask because of some of the specificity about all of this. An example being Houston not liking Tua. 

IF Watson is moved which is a huge IF then it would be with the Jets. There are too many connections to ignore. 

1. Watson wanted Saleh to coach Houston and now he is a Jet. 

2. Jets have the cap space and better picks/package deal than anyone else.

3. Watson liked the idea of being a Jet. ( He can wave the no trade clause so I don't know why people think this is a big deal.)

4. Allen Robinson wants him to be a Jet and he would probably join him.

5. If the Texans trade Watson they will want a QB to replace him which #2 pick gives them. 

IF??????? Watson is moved it will be with the Jets.

I like how the media asked JD about the Watosn rumors and he said the right thing. I can't talk about other players on other teams you know that. LOL. There have been reports that the Texans have looked into what they could get for Watson and I bet my house that JD has alreday talk to them and what it would take. Then you add the fact that McNair the owner apologized to Watson. In the end I think Watson stays with the Texans. 

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

IF Watson is moved which is a huge IF then it would be with the Jets. There are too many connections to ignore. 

1. Watson wanted Saleh to coach Houston and now he is a Jet. 

2. Jets have the cap space and better picks/package deal than anyone else.

3. Watson liked the idea of being a Jet. ( He can wave the no trade clause so I don't know why people think this is a big deal.)

4. Allen Robinson wants him to be a Jet and he would probably join him.

5. If the Texans trade Watson they will want a QB to replace him which #2 pick gives them. 

IF??????? Watson is moved it will be with the Jets.

I like how the media asked JD about the Watosn rumors and he said the right thing. I can't talk about other players on other teams you know that. LOL. There have been reports that the Texans have looked into what they could get for Watson and I bet my house that JD has alreday talk to them and what it would take. Then you add the fact that McNair the owner apologized to Watson. In the end I think Watson stays with the Texans. 

We do make the most sense. He's IMO either staying in HOU or being traded to us. But you can bet that being in the situation that we're in as one of a few teams that can trade for him (cap, draft picks, seems he'd waive his no trade clause to us)... that JD wont overpay for him. I doubt he's called already but I bet when he does... it's a low offer of just 2 1st's. HOU balks at it and when they don't get many offers to compete with it... JD pony's up the additional 1st to get the deal done.

At this stage I think there's a 70% chance he stays in HOU. 25% chance he gets traded us. 5% he goes elsewhere.

And if traded to us I think it's for a 1st the next 3 drafts. #2 this year, our 1st next year (HOU would assume we'd be worse than SEA) and our 1st in 2023. 

3 hours ago, xrade said:

Has anyone working for the Texans, including players, said anything about this situation?  Is it all just media speculation at this point?  Outside of Watsons actions of late has there been any “leaks” of info?  I only ask because of some of the specificity about all of this. An example being Houston not liking Tua. 

He hasn't requested a trade yet as far as I know. Has just made in known that he wants out to friends and such