Around the League 2020

Bobby816

I personally thought Stafford was worth a high first. So I’m not too surprise it’s two future first from a team that will likely pick in the 20’s. He has at least 5 years of high level play left. Goff seems like a throw in which is surprising though.

Edited by SDotNova

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

I personally thought Stafford was worth a high first. So I’m not too surprise it’s two future first from a team that will likely pick in the 20’s. He has at least 5 years of high level play left. Goff seems like a throw in which is surprising though.

Goff made the money work, Rams had to part with additional picks because of that. 

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Goff made the money work, Rams had to part with additional picks because of that. 

Right. I’m thinking this likely means Watson doesn’t get traded.

The #2 pick alone is worth more than what the Rams traded. But that’s not the way it’ll be talked about.

People quote 2 FRP as though they are all valued the same. It’ll be a PR nightmare for Houston.

Edited by SDotNova

Knowing what we know about Goffs negative trade (1st round pick) value what would you guys think of a deal that’s comprised of this:

-#2 to Detroit for Goff, #7, #41, #57 and their 2022 1st and 3rd round picks. 

-Sam Darnold to Indy for #54.

Admittedly I have not seen much of Goff over the last 12 months but I know his play fell dramatically. If this hypothetical trade worked and Goff played well for us we’d have our franchise qb plus 7 picks in the first 86 picks plus 3 first rounders next year. 

40 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Knowing what we know about Goffs negative trade (1st round pick) value what would you guys think of a deal that’s comprised of this:

-#2 to Detroit for Goff, #7, #41, #57 and their 2022 1st and 3rd round picks. 

-Sam Darnold to Indy for #54.

Admittedly I have not seen much of Goff over the last 12 months but I know his play fell dramatically. If this hypothetical trade worked and Goff played well for us we’d have our franchise qb plus 7 picks in the first 86 picks plus 3 first rounders next year. 

I am not a Goff fan.  I guess you prefer to trade for draft capital than to trade away draft capital.   Deshaun Watson is the only QB I am interested in getting.  Otherwise stick with Darnold or pick the future Jets starting QB at #2.    The Stafford -Goff trade shows how much value teams put into getting a good quality QB.    Trading QBs is on a different level than trading players like Khalil Mack, Jalen Ramsey or a Jamal Adams.   I can't say the Rams overpaid for Stafford.   Its the value the Rams felt they needed to pay for a quality QB.    

1 hour ago, famousj said:

I am not a Goff fan.  I guess you prefer to trade for draft capital than to trade away draft capital.   Deshaun Watson is the only QB I am interested in getting.  Otherwise stick with Darnold or pick the future Jets starting QB at #2.    The Stafford -Goff trade shows how much value teams put into getting a good quality QB.    Trading QBs is on a different level than trading players like Khalil Mack, Jalen Ramsey or a Jamal Adams.   I can't say the Rams overpaid for Stafford.   Its the value the Rams felt they needed to pay for a quality QB.    

Like I said I wouldn’t want Goff if we were choosing between he and say Watson then it’s a no brainier. However if we were to take Goff and a boatload of picks plus the picks from a Darnold trade that could make us have a treasure chest of picks to improve this team. If goff doesn’t work out we would still have three firsts next year. 

It’s all hypothetical but I actually would do a deal involving Goff if it meant we were compensated tremendously. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

How do we all think this impacts the Watson trade value? Did it make him more expensive or less expensive?

i WOULD say less right now. but that could change . Right now Houston is in total disarray, i would love to know how the fan basic in Texas is handling the Watson problem. This has to be serious public relation problem for them.

7 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

i WOULD say less right now. but that could change . Right now Houston is in total disarray, i would love to know how the fan basic in Texas is handling the Watson problem. This has to be serious public relation problem for them.

I'd think less as well. It sounds pricey on the surface... but when you look at what those picks they gave up equates to... It's 1/2 the value of what our #2 overall pick is in itself. And really DET is doing LAR a favor taking on that cap on top of it. 

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

How do we all think this impacts the Watson trade value? Did it make him more expensive or less expensive?

It helps us actually. Teams not even close to the #2 pick will have to part with more draft capital because they’re picking later. Our ace in the hole is still the #2 pick which is guaranteed to Houston. No other team beats that initial pick. They could see a reboot with Justin Fields or Zach Wilson to their fan base. 

19 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Right. I’m thinking this likely means Watson doesn’t get traded.

The #2 pick alone is worth more than what the Rams traded. But that’s not the way it’ll be talked about.

People quote 2 FRP as though they are all valued the same. It’ll be a PR nightmare for Houston.

ABSOLUTELY

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

So first he wanted to be traded because we wouldn't pay him, then it was because of Gase, then it was because he was fighting depression and now its because Joe Douglas disrespected him. 

Trading him was the best thing this franchise has ever done.  It only helps the fact that we got such a haul on top of it that could very well be the difference between landing Watson and not landing Watson.

If we land Watson with what JD got for Adams you can start building the statue of JD now.

I love how they called out his timeline of events that didn't add up.  He said JD said nobody wants him if he keeps acting like this so he demanded a teade but was already demanding a trade all over social media prior to the conversation.  What a joke.

• Like 2