Around the League 2020

Bobby816

57 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Sanu kinda set the market rate for WRs last year.. Would love to get him for less than a 2nd though.  

I'd agree if the Patriots had any level of success with Sanu. Instead Sanu who actually had an additional season of control under contract was a massive disaster.  Robinson has less team control and teams may have a bad taste after the results of the Sanu deal.

Both factors should reduce Robinsons value in a trade. 

19 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This is pretty much with all the players. It is pretty rare that you see a guy play out his rookie contract now a days. 

AR15 already played out his rookie contract and got a pretty good deal in FA from CHI. He only hit FA bc he was injured the year before hitting FA.

Don't get me started on this though. Bc that FA year we had a ton of money and Watkins and AR15 were both FAs and we didn't get either. When we needed weapons bad (as we seem to always need).

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

We shall see

I expect Crowder to have a good game again. With tSF pass rush, we will ahve to get rid of the ball fast. And as sad as it is... our outside WRs aren't good enough (even against a weak without Sherman SF CB group) to win those matchups, But Crowder is good enough in the slot. SF does have good S's, so not sure how much Herndon or Griffin can even be a factor. No Bell so no big threat receiving the ball out of the backfield. So it will have to be the Crowder show for us to even stay competitive in this one IMO.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I expect Crowder to have a good game again. With tSF pass rush, we will ahve to get rid of the ball fast. And as sad as it is... our outside WRs aren't good enough (even against a weak without Sherman SF CB group) to win those matchups, But Crowder is good enough in the slot. SF does have good S's, so not sure how much Herndon or Griffin can even be a factor. No Bell so no big threat receiving the ball out of the backfield. So it will have to be the Crowder show for us to even stay competitive in this one IMO.

They gave up almost 4ypc to AZ running backs so we should be able to make some noise on the ground especially without Bell since Gore/Adams will just go downhill. 

Defensively I like the match up. They don’t have receivers right now with Samuel out, Aiyuk is a rookie who may or may not play. Kittle will be a problem but Maye/McDougald are good enough to not get killed. 

Jimmy G isn’t mobile so that’s a plus as well.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They gave up almost 4ypc to AZ running backs so we should be able to make some noise on the ground especially without Bell since Gore/Adams will just go downhill. 

Defensively I like the match up. They don’t have receivers right now with Samuel out, Aiyuk is a rookie who may or may not play. Kittle will be a problem but Maye/McDougald are good enough to not get killed. 

Jimmy G isn’t mobile so that’s a plus as well.

You're smarter than this man. I know you are, so I won't beat you up too much about it.

But why could they rush? Bc SF had to worry about Hopkins, Fitzgerald and Drake out of the backfield (a good receiving RB). Last I checked we have nothing close to that in Perriman, Hogan and Gore.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You're smarter than this man. I know you are, so I won't beat you up too much about it.

But why could they rush? Bc SF had to worry about Hopkins, Fitzgerald and Drake out of the backfield (a good receiving RB). Last I checked we have nothing close to that in Perriman, Hogan and Gore.

49ers run the Seattle Cover 3 style defense, they don’t focus on specific players but rather areas of the field. 

This isn’t a man press team who’s going to put guys on an island and load the box.

They’re still a better team and will win but we should play well and be in position to make some plays. 

Just now, Dr.O said:

I have a hard time seeing ya winning this one, definitely think our defense will rebound a bit vs them being that Jimmy isn’t super mobile but that front 7 of theirs is gonna be too much to handle. 

I don’t think anyone sees a win, I mean there’s a way but it’s huge stretch because we’re so undermanned right now but overall we’re playing a similar style defense both derived from Tampa 2 principles. Darnold can’t be as bad as he was vs Buffalo against a worse Secondary but he is playing a “better“ pass rush. 

Can our Line get push in the run game, can we convert on 3rd down, limit turnovers, can our linebackers cover East-West in the stretch run game, will we contain Kittle and can we tackle cleanly. So many questions and inconsistencies will lead to us not being sure until they hit the field. But if this team has any pride then they’ll come out hot and if Darnold is worth a damn he’ll be on his game.