Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

Just now, MWil23 said:

A coordinator? It happens almost every year in the NFL in some capacity. Two years ago they fired Haley about 6-7 games in.

It’s not just coordinators in tecmo though. It’s the whole coaching staff being replaced including head coach is my point.

WEEK 6
cardinals at steelers

battle to stay in playoff contention. winner will be 3-3 and definitely in the mix.

prediction steelers win 20-17

buccaneers at broncos

what a bad time for the bucs to face the broncos after maybe losing burrow.

this could get ugly

prediction: broncos win 28-17

49ers at jets

The battle of who can screw up less, dak or ben

I think the 49ers get the small edge here.

49ers win 24-21

bills at buttmunchers

Bold prediction: the munchers go on a run here.

they win 24-14

browns at patriots

both 3-2 teams. the winner is going to be predicted to make the playoffs

Browns continue to roll, maybe even without their rb1

browns win 27-14

rams at raiders

never bet on the rams.

mission wins 31-17

saints at packers

This will be an lol fest

packers win 41-3

falcons at texans

MNF is a good one, with two 4-1 teams.

falcons may be the best team in football right now and they have the slight edge.

falcons 28-24

Edited by Malfatron

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

A coordinator? It happens almost every year in the NFL in some capacity. Two years ago they fired Haley about 6-7 games in.

Caridnals have fired coaches after less than half a season, too. Heck, they did it to Mike McCoy a couple years ago.

11 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Yeah keep the coaches this season. I didnt know what I was doing and that explains a lot now lol. I thought the team we are had the playbook, my bad. Atlanta coaching with Lamar equals failure xD

5 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I did not realize that lol. 

i will go ahead and chalk that up to your "scouting" ability ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

No you drafted what you drafted

I’ll be the bad guy. It’s like a real draft. You draft a guy and he could be a bust but you don’t cut him five games into a season. Unless it’s a P in NSFL. You cut those after week 1.

You’re right cus we are half way through the season... Malf said no changes from the start and if things were flipped for me I still wouldn’t advocate for changes. You get what you get and you don’t throw a fit. I drafted knowing there would be no changes. 

2 hours ago, swoosh said:

yep, gotta agree with you there. malf made it known many times there would be no changes. there were quite a few whacky things (i.e. positions, depth charts, etc), but that's tecmo for you. it's what makes it fun and less serious than nsfl for example. the risk of playbooks in particular was mentioned by malf on more than one occasion. 

I think if we're going to allow coaching changes, why not allow player changes? player cuts are far more common than coordinators being canned, yet those aren't allowed. let's not even mention depth chart changes which aren't allowed in this league. better to just draw the line at nothing at all. 

I agree with all of this. I think it's unfair that some teams got to play LA/SF/etc. with their current playbooks, but future teams have to play them with 'real' offenses.

• Like 3