Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

The next WC game between 5-Browns at 4-Texans will likely be posted around 6 PM CST

preview:

The browns definitely have the edge in defense, and they key to win this game is to limit big gains from chubb, and force turnovers from wentz.

Heyward from texans is the only rusher that can do damage, so the browns need to neutrailze him. Watson is elite, but he has been shaky recently. I think he could pile up the yards on the ground. Texans has DBs who are known for INTs, so cleveland having a healty dose of Jacobs could be the key to winning

Prediction: 

Browns win 30-24 OT

14 hours ago, Malfatron said:

The next WC game between 5-Browns at 4-Texans will likely be posted around 6 PM CST

Change of plan.

This will be available between 2:30 - 3 pm cst

I will pm the game privately to mwil/blue, and also post it here.

WC game: Browns at Texans

Signups

1. @MWil23 -  Browns

2. @Forge - 49ers

3. @Blue - Texans

4. @Dome - Saints

5. @swoosh- Falcons

6. @bcb1213 - Jets

7. @Deadpulse - Patriots

8. @The Orca - Rams

9. @daboyle250 - Buttmunchers

10. @Counselor - Broncos

11. @HoboRocket - Cardinals

12. @rackcs - Steelers

13. @Pickle Rick - Bucs

14. @bigbadbuff - Bills

15. @TLO / @mission27- Raiders

16. @squire12 - Packers

• Like 1

Knew as soon as we punted with 2 minutes left that I had lost. Some massive galaxy brain plays by Wentz in this game, especially taking off and running with no one covering downfield on the last play of the game. Why Tecmo Wentz categorically refuses to throw downfield unless the receiver is covered is beyond me.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

Holy cow, we did it!!!! Watson didn’t complete a single pass in the first half until we scored, despite missing a ton of wide open WR. I’m not sure if that was a defensive battle or sheer offensive ineptitude. Won ugly but I’ll take it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Holy cow, we did it!!!! Watson didn’t complete a single pass in the first half until we scored, despite missing a ton of wide open WR. I’m not sure if that was a defensive battle or sheer offensive ineptitude. Won ugly but I’ll take it. 

Twas this. That one Watson run was sweet.

• Like 1

I mean, my part of it was clearly ineptitude. I don't know how you want to describe Cleveland's offensive line getting demolished every down by Tyson Alualu and Cam Heyward.

Edited by Blue

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I mean, my part of it was clearly ineptitude. I don't know how you want to describe Cleveland's offensive line getting demolished every down by Tyson Alualu and Cam Heyward.

1/2 the time it was the RNG factor of you guessing my play and the other half was just sheer classic Wyatt Teller point shaving. 

You know what’s scary? I was standing there punting with 50 seconds left up 3 waiting for him to hold onto it and forget to punt, making it the most Cleveland thing ever.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

1/2 the time it was the RNG factor of you guessing my play and the other half was just sheer classic Wyatt Teller point shaving. 

You know what’s scary? I was standing there punting with 50 seconds left up 3 waiting for him to hold onto it and forget to punt, making it the most Cleveland thing ever.

lol, I totally expected that to happen.

• Like 1

@Blue I’ve concluded we are a bad matchup for each other. 2 great defenses against two “meh” offenses that would be better with different playbooks. I’m disappointed, as I’ve said since Week 2, that we saw one another R1. 

• Like 2