Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@Blue I’ve concluded we are a bad matchup for each other. 2 great defenses against two “meh” offenses that would be better with different playbooks. I’m disappointed, as I’ve said since Week 2, that we saw one another R1. 

It was a really fun game to watch. There were some misfires on offense, but a lot of great defensive plays.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

you scared yet, @swoosh?

depends on this guy's health:

6e57a9c8c3b977ad88b370491d67c89e.gif

I expect a close game either way, but I'll be honest I think we could be "upset" with no Ingram. It's tecmo, anything could happen and at this stage you have 4 good teams left all capable of winning a couple of games in a row. 

Edited by swoosh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

1/2 the time it was the RNG factor of you guessing my play and the other half was just sheer classic Wyatt Teller point shaving. 

You know what’s scary? I was standing there punting with 50 seconds left up 3 waiting for him to hold onto it and forget to punt, making it the most Cleveland thing ever.

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

lol, I totally expected that to happen.

I didn't realize until after he got the punt off that he nearly didn't, lol.

44 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I gotta know.

What the hell is Blue's blocker (near the WRs) doing at 4:43 lol

He's just hangin' out, pondering the meaning of existence, wondering if there's something more out there.

• Like 1

End of Season Power Rankings (I may have gotten exact points slightly wrong, my bad):

1.      Atlanta Falcons (12-3), PPG 29.8 (1st), PA 20.2 (7th)

2.      Denver Broncos (12-3), PPG 25.5 (3rd), PA 16.7 (1st)

3.      Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10-5), PPG 21.8 (5th), PA 16.8 (2nd)

4.      Buffalo Bills (9-6), PPG 23.6 (4th), PA 21.7 (11th)

5.      Houston Texans (9-6), PPG 28.7 (2nd), PA 21.4 (t-9th)

6.      Cleveland Browns (9-6), PPG 20.2 (7th), PA 17.7 (3rd)

7.      New York Jets (9-6), PPG 19.1 (11th), PA 21.4 (t-9th)

8.      Green Bay Packers (8-7), PPG 21.6 (6th), PA 19.1 (6th)

9.      New England Patriots (7-8), PPG 19.5 (9th), PA 18.7 (5th)

10.  Pittsburgh Steelers (7-8), PPG 18.8 (13th), PA 18.0 (4th)

11.  Washington Buttmunchers (6-9), PPG 19.9 (8th), PA 22.3 (t-12th)

12.  Los Angeles Rams (6-9), PPG 19.0 (12th), PA 20.9 (8th)

13.  Arizona Cardinals (5-10), PPG 19.4 (10th), PA 22.5 (14th)

14.  New Orleans Saints (5-10), PPG 17.9 (14th), PA 25.1 (15th)

15.  San Francisco 49ers (4-11), PPG 13.3 (16th), PA 22.3 (t-12th)

16.  Oakland Raiders (2-13), PPG 15.5 (15th), PA 28.9 (16th)

Edited by Blue
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Blue said:

He's just hangin' out, pondering the meaning of existence, wondering if there's something more out there.

You may have missed it.

Its the play that starts at 443.

Its a bottom run play, your blocking WR dives and takes out 2 browns secondary at once. then he keeps repeatedly diving into the browns DBs, even though they are on the ground.

meanwhile, your rb gets tackled by other players

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

You may have missed it.

Its the play that starts at 443.

Its a bottom run play, your blocking WR dives and takes out 2 browns secondary at once. then he keeps repeatedly diving into the browns DBs, even though they are on the ground.

meanwhile, your rb gets tackled by other players

He was OBJing Josh Norman. Clearly had some personal beef with some guys.

• Like 1

END OF SEASON POST-MORTEMS:

15. San Francisco 49ers (4-11)

A team that looked like they could go winless actually managed to put things together a few times against some good teams along the way. The selection of the Chargers' offensive line was worse than dead weight all season, and it's no wonder their offense was dead last by a decent margin despite a lack of injuries. Undoubtedly @Forge will want to pick up OL earlier (and better) next time.

14. New Orleans Saints (5-10)

If not for an injury to Kyler Murray early in the season, the Saints would have been 4-11 with a loss to the Raiders. As it was, Murray was indisputably the worst quarterback in the league, when there were several other credible contenders for the title. Why @Dome felt Murray should come off the board ahead of Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson is a mystery for the ages and a prime example of how to waste a premium selection. A defense that got walked all over was another culprit in an awful season. It says a lot about the Bay Area teams that New Orleans is only the third-worst team.

13. Arizona Cardinals (5-10)

The most impressive part of Arizona's season is how consistently below-average they were, never rising above 10th in either offensive or defensive ranks. Saquon Barkley was dreadfully underutilized thanks to the playbook, while Jared Goff was up-and-down on a play-by-play basis, never mind game-by-game. Offensive and defensive lines alike severely underperformed relative to the talent and draft capital spent on them. @HoboRocket somehow managed to make a lot of good selections in the draft only to see them not pan out.

12. Los Angeles Rams (6-9)

Despite a hot streak to close out the second half of the season, rattling off a 5-4 record from Week 7 on, a difficult first 6 weeks including losses to 3 playoff teams, Green Bay, and a blown opportunity against the Cards just set them back too much. In a continuing theme, the playbook didn't allow Lamar Jackson to run much and asked him to throw a lot. @The Orca got a lot out of Leonard Fournette, surprisingly enough, but the No. 8 scoring defense was an even more pleasant surprise. Better play selection could have put this team in the playoffs.

11. Washington Buttmunchers (6-9)

Simply, Patrick Mahomes didn't display the awareness and decision-making expected from the best quarterback in the league, and the rest of the roster wasn't good enough to overcome that. One gets the impression that @Daboyle should have built either a dominant offense or given Mahomes better weapons, but he didn't get great value in the draft. I'm sure he'll be haunted by images of Kenyan Drake running into the backs of his blockers for weeks to come.

10. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-8)

How frustrating it must be for @rackcs to have such an efficient quarterback, an elite defense, and a losing record. Having a quarterback run in the playbook with Drew Brees at quarterback led to a lot of wasted plays across the season, and that really was the primary reason they didn't make the playoffs. A lack of explosion from Derrick Henry in the running game didn't help either.

9. New England Patriots (7-8)

After the first couple weeks, the Pats looked like a top-4 team. Then the offense showed just how stagnant it was, failing to utilize Christian McCaffrey and not getting much from him even when he did get the ball. I thought this was a better team than the New York squad that made the playoffs, but @Deadpulse watched as they blew their chance in the head-to-head matchup.

8. Green Bay Packers (8-7)

Green Bay lost three straight without Aaron Jones and lost five straight from Week 6 to Week 10; what more needs be said? @squire12 was a contender for a majority of the season, but relying on a Jamaal Williams/Matt Stafford backfield was brutal. Everyone should be thankful the Packers didn't make the playoffs with a healthy Jones.

7. New York Jets (9-6)

It's incredible and impressive that this Jets group made the playoffs despite being below-average by any measure except a strong run game. An excellent receiving corps bailed out one of the worst quarterbacks in the league, while the defense really underperformed. @bcb1213 has to be thrilled with a playoff spot, even with an embarrassing loss once he was there.

5. Houston Texans (9-6)

For a team that finished with a home playoff game, Houston had a lot of issues. Carson Wentz had some of the worst decision-making in the league, and unfortunately the playbook called on putting him in position to throw heavily. The linebacker corps was also among the worst in the league, leading to brutal losses to other top teams (and not so top teams).

4. Buffalo Bills (9-6)

Despite Aaron Donald establishing himself as the clear DPOY with an absurdly dominant stretch of games, the defense actually wasn't that good. Part of the problem was an inefficient offense, as Josh Allen had his good games and his bad games, and his good games typically consisting of a couple conveniently-timed long bombs. Dalvin Cook was also not nearly the force one expected, although he was a consistent yards-churner. I think everyone kind of knew @bigbadbuff had a paper tiger on his hands, and the late-season collapse going into the playoffs confirmed it.

• Like 3