Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

Div game: 5- Browns at 1- falcons

Signups

1. @MWil23 -  Browns

2. @Forge - 49ers

3. @Blue - Texans

4. @Dome - Saints

5. @swoosh- Falcons

6. @bcb1213 - Jets

7. @Deadpulse - Patriots

8. @The Orca - Rams

9. @daboyle250 - Buttmunchers

10. @Counselor - Broncos

11. @HoboRocket - Cardinals

12. @rackcs - Steelers

13. @Pickle Rick - Bucs

14. @bigbadbuff - Bills

15. @TLO / @mission27- Raiders

16. @squire12 - Packers

Good game @swoosh. If you told me I’d get three stops in a row to start the game I’d feel great about that, but when Jacobs gets 2 carries at halftime and Watson inexplicably throws to the only covered WR with 2-3 other guys wide open and doesn’t complete a single first half pass, not much else to say. Down double digits with my RG vs Poe is worst case scenario.

• Like 2

Close defensive battle early that ended in a blowout with ATL showing their status as the team to beat.

Game Re-cap

Wilson missed some open WR on the first 2 drives.  Watson did on the first drive.  Pretty sad showing for the 1Q.  Watson seemed intent on throwing into coverage.  Not sure I have seen a game with 4 consecutive punts to start the game.

Wilson starting to take some underneath throws, then hits Sanders deep as he was wide open. 

Clevelands 3rd drive goes 3 runs and out for the 3rd consecutive punt for the offense. 

ATL with the FG to close out the 1st half.

Jacobs starting to gain some yards to open the 2nd half.  Then Watson holds onto the ball and takes a sack….and CLE settles for a FG.

Sanders and Ingram lead the way for a big TD.

ATL defense takes over with a quick 3 and out aided by 2 sacks and a pass knocked down at the Line of scrimmage.

Wilson misses on some open WR in the end zone and ATL settles for a FG, but now up 17 late in the 4th.

CLE comes back with a quick TD….likely too late.

Harris answers with a HUGE KO return to the CLE 40.  Steady diet of running plays and Ingram scores to push the lead back to 17. 

Passing game was the difference.  ATL 244, CLE 78

Hard to win in the playoffs with 78 yards passing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Good game @swoosh. If you told me I’d get three stops in a row to start the game I’d feel great about that, but when Jacobs gets 2 carries at halftime and Watson inexplicably throws to the only covered WR with 2-3 other guys wide open and doesn’t complete a single first half pass, not much else to say. Down double digits with my RG vs Poe is worst case scenario.

was surprised to see the game start out as it did.  rare for Tecmo season from what I recall.  

ATL looked dominant after the 1Q.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

was surprised to see the game start out as it did.  rare for Tecmo season from what I recall.  

ATL looked dominant after the 1Q.

It boils down to his DL vs my OL was a huge advantage. Perhaps if I ran it more in the first half as my coach tended to call things it’s a 7-7 game and I eek one out, but still, the better team won. My OL was a major disappointment this year for a group that has 3 Pro Bowlers and a Top 10 draft pick.

48 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Yeah I saw that. Didn’t watch that game to the end though so thought he got hurt again based on all that hooting and hollering swoosh did about that lol

I could've sworn he got hurt again lol