Mikey being Mikey

Carson4MVP

What do you guys think of the Bengals refusing to allow players to take their physicals at private facilities as most of the league has? Pretty much preventing all FA signings and draft picks. Could backfire big time if Burrow decides to sit out a year if the season is cancelled and reenter the draft. I know that possibility is very remote. Just seems like a big Scrooge McDuck move from Mikey Brown. 

55 minutes ago, Carson4MVP said:

What do you guys think of the Bengals refusing to allow players to take their physicals at private facilities as most of the league has? Pretty much preventing all FA signings and draft picks. Could backfire big time if Burrow decides to sit out a year if the season is cancelled and reenter the draft. I know that possibility is very remote. Just seems like a big Scrooge McDuck move from Mikey Brown. 

It's just the owners finding an excuse to make sure camp and a season starts, so they don't pay out bonuses and have no seasons.

Besides, I can't even imagine the outcry around here from some if a guy passes that independent physical but shows up hurt (a la Antonio Bryant).  I'd have to take a week off to ab]void the vitriol.  As opposed to checking in for a week and no one talking anything.

• Like 1

Has the team re-closed their facility? I thought it had opened several weeks ago? So why wouldn't the free agents be able to take their physicals? Trae Waynes has moved to Cincinnati but been complaining about not being able to sign his deal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Has the team re-closed their facility? I thought it had opened several weeks ago? So why wouldn't the free agents be able to take their physicals? Trae Waynes has moved to Cincinnati but been complaining about not being able to sign his deal.

Yeah i don't understand either.  I just went into the doctor's office for a physical, literally half an hour ago.  Nbd, just wore a mask.

16 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Besides, I can't even imagine the outcry around here from some if a guy passes that independent physical but shows up hurt (a la Antonio Bryant).

I think this is primarily why.  They don't trust independent doctors.

42 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

From what I understand that's pretty common league wide.  Unless I misunderstood something.

A lot of other teams are getting their deals done. Not every one, but the large majority. 

On 7/7/2020 at 9:34 PM, theJ said:

A lot of other teams are getting their deals done. Not every one, but the large majority. 

Yeah. I read there were 2 or 3 teams doing this. The Bengals was the only one named. Probably because everyone knows Mikey is cheap 

On 7/6/2020 at 9:47 PM, Carson4MVP said:

Did this ever get fixed? Rookies are reporting today, so I can't see how they're not finalizing these deals at this point.