Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Karlsson to the Sharks

Official return per espn

The Senators received center Chris Tierney and defenseman Dylan DeMelo, prospects Josh Norris and Rudolfs Balcers, a conditional 2019 second-round draft pick and a conditional 2020 first-round pick for their captain. If San Jose re-signs Karlsson, who is entering the final year of a seven-year, $45 million contract, Ottawa receives a conditional 2021 second-round selection.

I saw on twitter that Perron was part of the deal as well, but espn is not reporting that right now. 

• 2 weeks later...

i say this every year, but THIS is the year where i finally get into nhl.

the mistake that i made in the past was rooting for the Wild. Being from wisconsin, a part of me dies when i root for a minnesota team 

now that nfl is going downhill because of the rtp calls, i want to make a genuine effort to start enjoying hockey.

instead of picking a team, maybe i will pick a player, and grow to like the team

whos a rookie coming into the nhl that will be a bad-asss enforcer character?

edit: or maybe instead of trying to force it, i should just watch a lot of hockey as a neutral observer, and see who i find myself rooting for. i think i will do that

edit 2: i rooted for Vegas last year in the playoffs. that may be the team i am gravitating to now.

Edited by Malfatron

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

i say this every year, but THIS is the year where i finally get into nhl.

the mistake that i made in the past was rooting for the Wild. Being from wisconsin, a part of me dies when i root for a minnesota team 

now that nfl is going downhill because of the rtp calls, i want to make a genuine effort to start enjoying hockey.

instead of picking a team, maybe i will pick a player, and grow to like the team

whos a rookie coming into the nhl that will be a bad-asss enforcer character?

edit: or maybe instead of trying to force it, i should just watch a lot of hockey as a neutral observer, and see who i find myself rooting for. i think i will do that

edit 2: i rooted for Vegas last year in the playoffs. that may be the team i am gravitating to now.

I wouldn't expect Vegas to sustain the success they had, if that means anything to you.

I recommend doing what you mentioned in your first edit. Watch a bunch of games and pick a team that has player(s) you gravitate towards, probably want to lean towards a younger team.  

What also might help is – determine if you're a USA hockey guy or Canadian guy. I'm going to assume you're American, which will eliminate a lot of the Canadian teams. 

Up and coming young teams:

Toronto Maple Leafs (John Tavares, Auston Matthews,  Mitch Marner & Willy Nylander – their fan base is dreadful and toxic though, and I'm not just saying that as a Sabres fan)
Buffalo Sabres (Jack Eichel, Rasmus Dahlin, Casey Mittelstadt, Sam Reinhart & Alex Nylander – great rivalry with the Leafs who are also up and coming)
St. Louis Blues – these guys will be good now and in the future, loaded with prospects. (Colton Parayko <--- nasty young, big defensemen, Robert Thomas, Jordan Kyrou, D. Bokk)
Carolina Hurricanes – (Andrei Svechnikov, Sebastian Aho, Martin Necas)
Vancouver Canucks (Brock Boeser, Elias Pettersson, Q. Hughes, Bo Horvat) 
Detroit Red Wings (Filip Zadina, Dylan Larkin, Joseph Veleno, Anthony Mantha)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

thanks forbthe info!

yep, American. but not opposed to liking a canadian team.

definitely cant do detroit, chicago, or minn.

i might pick nashville becsuse milwaukee is their farm system

Nashville is a great team to root for. Their fans are a lot of fun and they're pretty good now too. Great hockey city (surprisingly).

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 3:29 PM, Malfatron said:

thanks forbthe info!

yep, American. but not opposed to liking a canadian team.

definitely cant do detroit, chicago, or minn.

i might pick nashville becsuse milwaukee is their farm system

I'll always advocate for a team that's well represented here so you can talk hockey with some pretty knowledgeable posters.  Forgive me if I'm missing anyone but that's really the Flyers, Devils, Rangers, Sabres, and Stars.  I know there's a few Pens, Jackets, Oilers, Canes, Bruins, Blues, and Flames guys too. 

• Like 2