Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

28 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

What the hell is Minnesota doing?

The Neiderreiter trade? 

I'll be honest, I understand it, but I feel like they could have done better. I get the idea behind the move, just don't love it. They are basically the same age, under contract for the same length of time. They've both struggled the last two years, though Rask has been invisible this year. But Rask is a center and slightly cheaper for the next few years. But they have a rosier opinion on what Rask is moving forward than I do. If he were the player he was 2/3 years ago, I'd rather have Rask than Nino given the position and salary, but that just doesn't seem to be the case. And even though Nino has struggled the last two years, he's largely still a 40 point player. Rask may not be that moving forward. 

2 weeks or whatever after I first complained about it....

Opening power play line on our first power play consists of Boyle / Zajac / Zacha. They can't even get control into the offensive zone for over a minute. Jesus. Hooray for adjustments....

giphy.gif

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

2 weeks or whatever after I first complained about it....

Opening power play line on our first power play consists of Boyle / Zajac / Zacha. They can't even get control into the offensive zone for over a minute. Jesus. Hooray for adjustments....

giphy.gif

XLvN0ob.gif

• Like 1

Speaking of PP adjustments. The Flyers went to this new 5 forward power play look which takes Ghost off the point for Voracek and features a double front presence in Simmer and JvR. First two games Flyers are 2/8 which you can't argue but i'll be damned if I don't say I'm nervous for when we play any team with an aggressive PK/forecheck.

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Speaking of PP adjustments. The Flyers went to this new 5 forward power play look which takes Ghost off the point for Voracek and features a double front presence in Simmer and JvR. First two games Flyers are 2/8 which you can't argue but i'll be damned if I don't say I'm nervous for when we play any team with an aggressive PK/forecheck.

Playing against Bergeron was worrisome, though luckily one of our PPs it was him in the box.  I think we gave up a 2 on 1 and Jake (?) was the only guy back but Hart made a nice save and we ended up scoring off the rush the other way.  Sucks taking Ghost off but honestly he's been pretty bad this year.  Might be good for him to get work on PP2 and see if he can find his game again.  

Peter Chiarelli just can't stop one upping himself xD

Earlier today he waived Ryan Spooner.  Spooner was traded straight up for Ryan Strome, Strome was traded straight up for Eberle.  Also today, he signed a 30 year old goalie to a 3 year $4.5M AAV contract who has started 28 games in the NHL.  

His phone must ring nonstop during the day. 

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

Peter Chiarelli just can't stop one upping himself xD

Earlier today he waived Ryan Spooner.  Spooner was traded straight up for Ryan Strome, Strome was traded straight up for Eberle.  Also today, he signed a 30 year old goalie to a 3 year $4.5M AAV contract who has started 28 games in the NHL.  

His phone must ring nonstop during the day. 

Do your thing, Shero!