Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

Too much.  6.5 would have been the highest I would have been okay with.  God damn I wish Hexy could have gotten Stastny last season. 

These deals are pretty crazy this far. I think this is why guys locked up 3 years and more have such good value

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Depends on what you're looking for. Defensively? Definitely not. Offensively? I could argue that at least, I think. Plus he's very well cost controlled for years

Didn't realize he was on a 4x4ish contract.  Definitely a plus guy on offense but he's a slight liability on defense.  

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

He's gotta be pushing 10M AAV I think. 

I was thinking 9.5 at first, decided to shave a bit. But yeah, I think it's going to be close. 

Toronto better be damn happy that there are 4 first rounders attached to Marner, because otherwise he'd absolutely get the contact he's looking for

Everyone ready to see the Leafs screw up their cap this summer?

Also, Philly better hope Hayes has one more gear in terms of offense. The guy broke 50 points once and if you're giving him term and AAV, you had better hope he can bring it. Duchene is gonna get 9-10M easily.

51 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Everyone ready to see the Leafs screw up their cap this summer?

Also, Philly better hope Hayes has one more gear in terms of offense. The guy broke 50 points once and if you're giving him term and AAV, you had better hope he can bring it. Duchene is gonna get 9-10M easily.

I really wonder if they are going to trade him. I'd love to package extended Hall ++ for Marner. I'd much rather pay marner 11.5 million at this point than Hall, I think. I'm a man with a dream!!!!

Love Hall. Will always have a place in my heart for that Hart season. Just business. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I really wonder if they are going to trade him. I'd love to package extended Hall ++ for Marner. I'd much rather pay marner 11.5 million at this point than Hall, I think. I'm a man with a dream!!!!

Love Hall. Will always have a place in my heart for that Hart season. Just business. 

Unfortunately they won't trade him. Instead they'll gut their depth and tie up $40M+ to 4 forwards. That D is going to be horrendous next season as it stands.

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Unfortunately they won't trade him. Instead they'll gut their depth and tie up $40M+ to 4 forwards. That D is going to be horrendous next season as it stands.

Yeah, if be very surprised if they do as well. I just don't think Marner and his camp would have the fortitude to actually slip the entire season

9 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Eh, 2C has been a wasteland for us the last couple years (Schenn, Filppula, Lehtera, etc.) . I trust the AV can get what he needs out of Hayes to be a solid 2C allowing Patrick to grow in the 3C role.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, if be very surprised if they do as well. I just don't think Marner and his camp would have the fortitude to actually slip the entire season

It sounds like Lou screwed the pooch with regards to Marner it seems. Got him to sign his ELC without a signing bonus and since then Marner and his agents have been peeved. So I could see them holding out until they got the contract they want.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Eh, 2C has been a wasteland for us the last couple years (Schenn, Filppula, Lehtera, etc.) . I trust the AV can get what he needs out of Hayes to be a solid 2C allowing Patrick to grow in the 3C role.

No I get it from a Flyers perspective, but if you're tying up $7M/yr to a sub-50 point forward, that's going to be an albatross going forward. If anyone can get him to produce more however, I reckon it's AV.