Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Especially with Mac saying he'll take even LESS money on this team next contract...

We'll see.

I'll be interested to see what Hall does. He planted his flag on the whole, "want to play for a winner" thing in regards to dragging his feet on his contract. Now he's going to have that shot of playing for a winner on a team where guys like Mac are taking less. That's his opportunity. Go to the Avs (think that they are going to get him in the trade with the Devils) and sign for 8 million a year rather than 10-11. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I'll be interested to see what Hall does. He planted his flag on the whole, "want to play for a winner" thing in regards to dragging his feet on his contract. Now he's going to have that shot of playing for a winner on a team where guys like Mac are taking less. That's his opportunity. Go to the Avs (think that they are going to get him in the trade with the Devils) and sign for 8 million a year rather than 10-11. 

Is he a LW? If so, how do you fit him in with the top 2 lines consisting of Landeskog and Donskoi? I mean, obviously if you have a chance to add talent you should do. But how to fit him in?

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Is he a LW? If so, how do you fit him in with the top 2 lines consisting of Landeskog and Donskoi? I mean, obviously if you have a chance to add talent you should do. But how to fit him in?

He becomes their 1lw no doubt. Donskoi gets bounced down

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Put him with Mac and Rant? Scary line, huh.

Yeah, I actually don't quite understand it. The team is already there best offense in the NHL, and there is absolutely a law of diminishing returns at some point, but there's a ton of smoke about it and that it may even be close

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I actually think you leave Donskoi with Mackinnon and have Hall drive the 2nd line. Donskoi has played so damn well with Mac that it doesn't make sense to break that up. 

I think Donskoi is actually playing with kadri as his center. Landeskog is Mac's normal LW, I am pretty sure. 

Donskoi actually plays the right side and burakovsky is the actual LW on the Kadri line, I think

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think Donskoi is actually playing with kadri as his center. Landeskog is Mac's normal LW, I am pretty sure. 

Donskoi actually plays the right side and burakovsky is the actual LW on the Kadri line, I think

Ah, I thought I read something about Donskoi playing with Mac. Might have been while Rantanen was out.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Ah, I thought I read something about Donskoi playing with Mac. Might have been while Rantanen was out.

That would make sense. 

Honestly, I have no idea why they are interested in Hall. Would think that there are more pressing issues