Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Just now, beekay414 said:

Oh, yeah I think I'd rather have Matthew. Not sure about Brady at that price right now. Sell me on him.

Same style game as Matthew. Throws his body around a ton. Annoying pest. I don't really think he's any less offensively gifted, but if so, it's not far off. Point production could be a byproduct of playing on Ottawa as opposed to playing on a better calgary team. I do think he gets dragged quite a bit by Ottawa. He's been an insanely consistent 50 point pace player, which you would hope goes up in the right situation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

And lets be real...are we really going to be afraid of an Ottawa Senators, Eugene Melnyk reprisal? LOL 

I mean, I guess we're at that point of the offseason where we don't have to worry about the cap space sitting on the books long enough to lose out on a UFA we wanted to target so I don't see the issue. Not like we need to keep a rapport with a team like Ottawa anyways.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I mean, I guess we're at that point of the offseason where we don't have to worry about the cap space sitting on the books long enough to lose out on a UFA we wanted to target so I don't see the issue. Not like we need to keep a rapport with a team like Ottawa anyways.

That's my thinking...don't mind burning a bridge I likely will never need to cross any time soon. If they match, fine, whatever. But I don't mind shooting the shot. 

And lets remember, Fitzy and the Tkachuk's are related. 

Just now, Forge said:

And lets remember, Fitzy and the literally every hockey family are related. 

FTFY

/s

But yeah, why the hell not. I could see them not wanting to have to commit to paying him $8m next year guaranteed tho. Pretty sure that if you sign the offer sheet for one year, the QO next year is the same as what you paid them the year prior. That and I'm not sure that a 22 year old kid is going to be okay with a contract that potentially declines. That's usually better suited for guys on their 2nd contracts after ELC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Today I learned that apparently the record for most assists in a season by a left winger is 70, and is held by Joe Juneau. 

This is absolutely absurd lol 

And he did it as a rookie lol. Didn't even with the Calder either. Some guy named Teemu won it. The man peaked as a rookie lmao.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, beekay414 said:
On 9/8/2021 at 11:12 AM, Forge said:

Today I learned that apparently the record for most assists in a season by a left winger is 70, and is held by Joe Juneau. 

This is absolutely absurd lol 

And he did it as a rookie lol. Didn't even with the Calder either. Some guy named Teemu won it. The man peaked as a rookie lmao.

Guess that's what happens when you're on a line with two Hall of Famers in Adam Oates and Cam Neely.

Edited by Hockey5djh
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...