Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

41 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Fletcher is 9 minutes away from me calling for his head.

That said, I like Fiala but Granlund is a better player and is only 26.  A one for one doesn't make sense to me. 

Plus the whole Nino for Rask deal. 

You're right. I was expecting some draft picks but it's a 1 for 1 swap. No idea what Fenton is doing.

So many Pens fans were dreading what JR might do. Then we heard he was going to have a press conference at 2:45. Seemingly was going to tell everyone there were no trades to be made. There was a sense of relief and calm. We were happy he wasn't going to do something stupid. Then we heard that indeed something was brewing. We were all bracing ourselves for the worst. Then the word came down that he traded for a pylon in Gudbranson. The screams people heard this afternoon were Penguin fans in anguish. Good lord even in my biggest fears I didn't think he was dumb enough to trade for a terrible defensemen with two more years after this one of a annual salary of $4 million.

So now not only do the Penguins have Jack Johnson for four more years they have Gudbranson as well.  What a joke.

It was an enjoyable ride the past few seasons. JR went away from everything that brought the Pens their back to back Cups in speed and skill. Now apparently we are going back decades where lumbering defensemen were good to have. I have no idea what he is thinking.

Losing Jason Botterill to Buffalo was a huge loss. Many feel he was someone who talked sense into JR. Since he left JR has been all over the place. Assistant GM Bill Guerin never should have replaced Botterill and sure hope he doesn't eventually replace JR who signed an extension last season.

Lots of contenders made some nice moves.

• 2 weeks later...

@Livewire gudbranson has actually been serviceable since coming over and i’m especially glad they brought him over, just purely by virtue of him being a warm body with pulse after the d injuries we’ve been having

hopefully tanger can come back for the games in ‘lumbus... johnson has i must admit been quite good with all these dmen down so hopefully he can keep it up, he’s working well with jultz

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

@Livewire gudbranson has actually been serviceable since coming over and i’m especially glad they brought him over, just purely by virtue of him being a warm body with pulse after the d injuries we’ve been having

hopefully tanger can come back for the games in ‘lumbus... johnson has i must admit been quite good with all these dmen down so hopefully he can keep it up, he’s working well with jultz

Hi dad

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

He's definitely been a pleasant surprise. He hasn't made any glaring mistakes in the short time he's been here. I will gladly take the way he is playing right now. Not only him but Johnson as well. He looks like a different player since switching from the right side. Johnson is playing a steady game the past few weeks.

I see that Tanger has been at least skating which is a good sign. He didn't skate yesterday but that was because he was under the weather and not a setback to whatever injury he has.

Good to see Phil finally break his long goalless streak. He looked relieved when he scored last night.

• Like 1