Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

The Penguins and Minnesota Wild have a trade proposal on the table with Phil Kessel as the centerpiece, numerous sources confirmed to The Athletic.

It is believed Jason Zucker, the speedy Wild forward who scored 76 goals the past three seasons, would be part of the deal. Minnesota made it clear to other franchises that Zucker, 27, is available. The Penguins and Wild also discussed a couple of players with long-term contracts in Jack Johnson and Victor Rask.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:37 AM, Hockey5djh said:
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:20 AM, Canadian Saint said:

Canes vs. Bruins

Sharks vs. Blues

Who ya got?

Canes in 6 and Blues in 7 are my shots in the dark.

My heart wants Canes and Sharks but my mind is telling me its Blues and Bruins.

I'm a sooth sayer lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Kessel apparently nixed the trade because the Wild aren't a contender.

Figured he would. Curious who the 8 teams on his approved list are. Friedman suggested that one of them is Arizona. I'm assuming Vegas would be too, but they have no cash. 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Oscar Sundqvist being suspended is total BS. That hit wasn’t even bad. Just looked bad because Grelzynk was already losing his balance. 

At most that's a 2 minute penalty but the defenseman put himself in such a terrible position.  I can't stand the NHL putting so much weight on the result of a hit.  

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

Flyers acquire Kevin Hayes, or at least the rights to him I should say, for a fifth.

Really don't mind him as a player, fits perfectly as a middle 6 C but it all depends on the contract.  Something like 6x6 (which I expect) is just too much for him.

Fully expecting a 7 year deal for Tyler Myers after this to ruin what Hextall built. 

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

Really don't mind him as a player, fits perfectly as a middle 6 C but it all depends on the contract.  Something like 6x6 (which I expect) is just too much for him.

Fully expecting a 7 year deal for Tyler Myers after this to ruin what Hextall built. 

Myers is going to get a really bad overpay from someone. He's a terrifying free agent

On 6/3/2019 at 9:36 PM, Forge said:

Flyers acquire Kevin Hayes, or at least the rights to him I should say, for a fifth.

Man the Flyers are such a big example of how hard it is to find franchise C's or even top-6 C's in the NHL. They spent 1st and 2nd round pick in 2016 on C's, 2 1sts in 2017 on C's, 2018 1st on a C and now they just traded for Kevin Hayes who won't come in under $6M for a long term deal.

If Trouba's geography rumors are true, Philly might as well go all in and trade for him with some of their young pieces too. At the very least their top pairing would be sorted for the next 5 years with Provorov-Trouba.