Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I really like Jeff Skinner and wanted him bad on the Flyers before Buffalo traded for him, but 8x9 for a guy who has averaged ~55 points over the past 4 seasons.  That is a REAL bad contract. I mean the Flyers are talking about something like 6x6 for Hayes who has averaged 50 points over the last 4 and is a center and is superior defensively.  

I get paying a premium for a goal scorer but man he's now the 12th highest paid player in the NHL.  Draisaitl just made less than that last season after scoring 77 and 70.

It's terrifying for future contracts. I know palmieri's was signed in 2016, but he and Skinner are fairly equivalent as players. Slight edge to Skinner of course, especially given he is the more prominent goal scorer, but one guy makes 4.5, the other now makes 9 million. That's insane

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like this Skinner extension is not going to look very good in four years

Have you seen his splits over the season?

First 3 months: 1.3 PPG

Last 3 months: 0.58 PPG

He's a terrific goal scorer, but If I'm paying >$8M/yr it's going to be someone who can drive a line. I don't think Skinner is that player. Like you said it's gonna look ugly in 4 years.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Forge said:
17 hours ago, Livewire said:

We have a Game 7.

Giving the edge to Boston

After that St. Louis victory letter and parade snafu being released the morning of Game 6, they jinxed themselves into getting annihilated and ultimately lose.

4 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Marchand is the damn dirtiest player in the NHL, there’s been 3 different occasions in this series where he’s hit a play with the intentions of injuring. Where’s the suspension for that rat. 

He's always been a massive P.O.S. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

This game could easily be 3-0 right now.  Aside from Binnington you could not ask for a worse start if you're St. Louis. 

And just like that STL goes up on a flukey-ish goal haha.  

What a hit and play from Blais.