Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

On 10/12/2019 at 10:20 AM, Dingo18287 said:

Only the 1st 5 games, but Hurricanes are 5-0 and looking really good. Only concern is the goalies continuing to play well. 

We had that same concern last season. That said Nedeljovic seems like he's ready for the NHL if something hit the fan.

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's ridiculous how good Connor McDavid is and he's STILL only 22.

Maybe a medium-take but I think he beats Kucherov's 128 points from last season if he stays healthy.

Oilers are doing better but the Tampa Bay approach isn't sustainable. Top notch special teams with average to poor efforts at ES. McDavid and Drai both look like they've taken a step forward in development, Nuge seems to be doing better, but still room for improvement. Thankfully Tippett is the type of coach to keep hounding them until they get it right. Thank god for Ken Holland.

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

Maybe a medium-take but I think he beats Kucherov's 128 points from last season if he stays healthy.

That's the most mild take I can think of. McDavid was #2 behind Kucherov last season and he was a little dinged up and Kucherov had a career year.

4 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

I mean 12 points is nothing to sneeze at. How many points do you think he could break this season?

I agree but that's also working under the assumption that Kucherov will again put up 129 points (including 33 on the power play!) and McDavid will again deal with dings this season. I'm not going beekay on this one but 1.5 points per game and a ~120 estimate isn't tough to see at all and not much better than what he did last season. Meanwhile I think Kucherov fades back closer to 100.

5 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I agree but that's also working under the assumption that Kucherov will again put up 129 points (including 33 on the power play!) and McDavid will again deal with dings this season. I'm not going beekay on this one but 1.5 points per game and a ~120 estimate isn't tough to see at all and not much better than what he did last season. Meanwhile I think Kucherov fades back closer to 100.

I think he is saying he goes over the 128 from last year, not just beat him this year.

McDavids skating is just fun to watch. The fact the NHL is failing at marketing him is pathetic. I get he is in Canada and his team ain't great. But he may be the most talented players since... idk?

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Gretzky or Super Mario tbh. He's right there with, if not better than,  22 year old Sidney Crosby.

Yep. Crosby may have had him beat in a few hockey IQ areas, but McDavids physical skills are > than crosby's IMO. 

The fact he will not get in the playoffs and not be marketed is abysmal. 

On 10/17/2019 at 10:04 PM, mm6492 said:

McDavids skating is just fun to watch. The fact the NHL is failing at marketing him is pathetic. I get he is in Canada and his team ain't great. But he may be the most talented players since... idk?

On 10/18/2019 at 1:59 PM, mm6492 said:

Yep. Crosby may have had him beat in a few hockey IQ areas, but McDavids physical skills are > than crosby's IMO. 

The fact he will not get in the playoffs and not be marketed is abysmal. 

He's the Mike Trout of hockey :ph34r:

• Like 3