Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

6 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Just moved out to Denver two weeks ago and going to my first hockey game Friday night Avalanche vs Stars. Beyond excited! I guess it would be a good time to become an Avalanche fan by the sounds of things 

Hockey games are by far my favorite sporting event to witness live. I think you'll love it

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

So when do the Devils trade Hall? And from what? And to whom?

They really need to just do it whenever at this point. The Devils basically have to win at a 100 point season pro rated rate, which seems highly unlikely for the worst team in the conference. The goaltending is just nuking this team for sure. The defense isn't great, but it's not made worse by the goalies at this point. My fear is that Shero is going to be stubborn in this regard. He's certainly shown some stubbornness in the past. 

That being said, compensation could vary wildly depending on whether or not he is a sign and trade or pure rental. If he's a sign and trade, I'd imagine a slightly superior package to what Ottawa got for Mark Stone. So A prospect, pick, roster player. If he's a rental...that's going to considerably depress the value. Could be a 1st round pick + c level prospect, or a B+ / B++ type prospect along with a later pick. 

I've seen some really interesting offers that some fans have thrown out. I made one with Carolina of Jake Bean + Nino for Hall. Include whatever additional pieces either way that need to work, but Nino is a competent player under contract for a few more years, and Bean is a solid, if unspectacular prospect who is close. He fills a desperate need at LD. Nino isn't really needed for the Devils, but we'd have to take that back to make the money work. Another deal I really liked was from a Canucks fan which included Nils Hoglander (whom I was a huge fan of pre-draft) along with Thatcher Demko with possibly a cap dump and some other moving part, but those two being the primary return, which I really like. Demko may or may not be legit, but if he is, that is probably the biggest boon to the Devils and greatest improvement they could ask for 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:20 PM, pigsooie5 said:

Just moved out to Denver two weeks ago and going to my first hockey game Friday night Avalanche vs Stars. Beyond excited! I guess it would be a good time to become an Avalanche fan by the sounds of things 

Avs games are a lot of fun when the team is good. It’s a pain not being able to watch on TV this season but hasn’t been an issue finding ways to watch.

7 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

How have they been post-Rantanen?

Actually have forward depth to compensate for losing him and Landeskog so team should be alright but worry is Landeskog could be out anywhere 1-2 months. As long as the team can avoid bad streaks like last season and not lose every single OT game should be able to sit near the top of the division even without those 2. 

Blues traded Robby Fabbri last night to Detroit for Jacob De La Rose. Sucks to see Fabbri go but it was time to move on.....Apparently he had requested a trade in the off-season. Excited to see what De La Rose can bring, seems like a grinder/4th line type, and he might be thrown right into the lineup with Steen hurt now. Which, anyone who knows me knows I'm not the biggest Steen fan, but this injury hurts. 

What do you think about the trade @kgarrett12486 @StLunatic88

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Blues traded Robby Fabbri last night to Detroit for Jacob De La Rose. Sucks to see Fabbri go but it was time to move on.....Apparently he had requested a trade in the off-season. Excited to see what De La Rose can bring, seems like a grinder/4th line type, and he might be thrown right into the lineup with Steen hurt now. Which, anyone who knows me knows I'm not the biggest Steen fan, but this injury hurts. 

What do you think about the trade @kgarrett12486 @StLunatic88

It was time. The fact that he still couldn't get on the ice even with the Tank injury spoke volumes to what his future was here...

He just never could get anything going consistently coming back from the injuries and we're just to deep of a team to commit to giving him games to sort through it...

I think it was time to move on...

penguins on a bit of a maddening slide... we aren’t even playing bad hockey, the shots just aren’t going in

contrast that to the early season when we were playing iffy hockey but escaping with w’s, i suppose it’s swings and roundabouts lol, need sid to come back asap😂