Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

On 10/18/2017 at 7:08 PM, .Buzz said:

Yeah, IDK. This is my first year really following hockey game by game, have been leaning pretty heavily towards the Blackhawks (really close by), also thought about STL/MIN. Las Vegas is intriguing due to them also being new/being their from the get go like I said, but they on the other side of the country is a big negative for me. Already follow a couple major sports teams that are on the other side of the country and it kinda sucks at times (Jaguars, Orioles).

I guess who knows where I end up moving after school but still.

I feel ya. I'm on the east coast and the 3 main pro teams I follow are either in San Francisco or Spain, it can be annoying at times.

Used to just bandwagon on the Caps during playoff time since I lived my whole life in VA until a few months ago, but figured I'd need an official team now that I'm getting more and more into hockey. I kinda just went with Vegas for no other reason than being with them from day 1, even despite my new city having a hockey team of its own

5 minutes ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

I feel ya. I'm on the east coast and the 3 main pro teams I follow are either in San Francisco or Spain, it can be annoying at times.

Used to just bandwagon on the Caps during playoff time since I lived my whole life in VA until a few months ago, but figured I'd need an official team now that I'm getting more and more into hockey. I kinda just went with Vegas for no other reason than being with them from day 1, even despite my new city having a hockey team of its own

Gotcha. Makes sense.

IDK, I'm still in the early stages of being a hockey fan. Have leaned/planned on the Hawks, but may need to watch a bit more before I totally close on a team. We'll see.

Super frustrating game against the Sharks so far tonight. May just be one of those nights. Everything is hitting the post, couple of great saves made by Jones, but we've beaten him several times. Penalty kill is generating all sorts offense against the Sharks' powerplay, but we can find everything but the back of the net. 

Vegas waived Jason Garrison. I wonder if it's worth the Devils time to claim him. I'm still very nervous about that backline, and he's a pending UFA I believe, so his salary really isn't an issue for the Devils this season since they have the cap space. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Another shootout win? What is this, I don’t even...

Thankful for the win, but we can't be giving up 2 goals in the final 1:15 of the game like that. That was brutal. This is why I'm really concerned about the defense going forward. Penalty kill / extra attacker is brutal right now.