Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Honest to god, that has to be one of the biggest upsets in the playoffs in any sports. Tampa Bay put up video game numbers in the regular season to legitimately winning 1 period in the entire playoffs.

If Jon Cooper didn't get extended, I'd be worried about him having a job next season. Thoroughly out coached by Torts throughout the series. The Lightning line up, man I've never seen a team that dominant quit so easily. They were losing puck battles like they'd already lost the game. Horrible showing attitude wise from probably the most talented team in the league.

Real interesting what they do this offseason. A bit of dead weight and some holes need fixing. A smart franchise just has some patience and doesn't do anything drastic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Penguins never looked for a second like they were in the series.  The Islanders were on top of them the whole series and when any momentum went Pittsburgh's way, the Isles took it back shortly after.

Very true. They were okay in Game 1 but never got the lead. Not that it mattered since the Islanders always scored quickly after they did get a lead. They looked old and slow with no emotion at all. Just like last year's Caps series they kept turning over the puck and giving up odd man rushes which the Islanders converted. The Islanders were excellent defensively. I didn't have any expectations from them heading into the postseason but I at least thought they would give the Islanders a test. Tons of credit to them for playing so well. Many changes will be happening in Pittsburgh this offseason. The scary part is what Rutherford will do. I'm shocked the Jack Johnson signing didn't work out.9_9

Congrats to NYI and their fans on an impressive sweep.

25 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Honest to god, that has to be one of the biggest upsets in the playoffs in any sports. Tampa Bay put up video game numbers in the regular season to legitimately winning 1 period in the entire playoffs.

If Jon Cooper didn't get extended, I'd be worried about him having a job next season. Thoroughly out coached by Torts throughout the series. The Lightning line up, man I've never seen a team that dominant quit so easily. They were losing puck battles like they'd already lost the game. Horrible showing attitude wise from probably the most talented team in the league.

Real interesting what they do this offseason. A bit of dead weight and some holes need fixing. A smart franchise just has some patience and doesn't do anything drastic.

I hope they do something stupid and the Devils cash in on taking a bad contract on for a legit player/prospect.

• Like 1

So the Jackets are the SC favorites at this point, right? I don't see how not just sweeping, but outright pulverizing the President's Trophy winner coming off a historic regular season doesn't make you the odds-on favorite. 

That dominance was just unreal. 

Edited by KManX89

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

So the Jackets are the SC favorites at this point, right? I don't see how not just sweeping, but outright pulverizing the President's Trophy winner coming off a historic regular season doesn't make you the odds-on favorite. 

I have the same thought. Like seriously, people may roll their eyes at that statement, but if they play as good as they did in the 1st round I for sure think they could win the cup. Reminiscent of the 2012 LA Kings

7 hours ago, KManX89 said:

They remind me of the Kings way back when. Torts has them playing well, but tbh, their biggest strength IMO is Werenski-Jones being able to play near damn 30 minutes. Going forward that pairing is going to carry that D for the next half decade. Add in Vezina Bob and a forward group that hounds the puck, and they are hard to beat. Not sure about SC favorites, but they'll be tough for whoever they face.

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I hope they do something stupid and the Devils cash in on taking a bad contract on for a legit player/prospect.

I'm in the same boat with the Oilers. Considering their cap situation they have to move atleast 2 of Palat/Killorn/Miller/Johnson if we're counting absolute dead space. I'd love JT Miller on the Oil. He'd be a good addition to the top 6. The remaining 3 have NTC's too.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-17 at 1:00 PM, KManX89 said:

It’s not uncommon for the team winning the Presidents trophy to get ousted. 

Huge upset but I think a bit premature to think the Jackets will continue that level of play.

In any event it was a great performance.

Edited by diehardlionfan

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The Flames are a god damn joke. Made game 1 look like a cake walk then **** the bed for the next 4? We are embarrassing. What a choke.

Johnny Gaudreau needs to have the lions share of the blame. He looked invisible the past 3 games. I can understand people struggle to score at times and what not, but if you're in a slump, you need to find other ways to contribute. The guy was a ghost.

• Like 1

Hockey is insane, man. I have literally no idea who is going to win the Stanley Cup this year. Really hoping the Hurricanes win tonight and take Game 6 at home. I want a complete WTF random conference semis round lol.

Blue Jackets vs Maple Leafs
Hurricanes vs Islanders
Avalanche vs Golden Knights
Stars vs Jets

That's what I want. The only one that is a toss up for me is Nashville-Dallas. I went with Dallas simply because Nashville has recently made the Cup Finals. I know Vegas has too but...well...it's Vegas man. Basically my 2nd team. Not really, but I have genuine rooting interest in them.