Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Rumors going around that the Seattle franchise team name will be Kraken. Hope that ain't true. 

I suppose it's cool that they would  be trying something different with regards to the name. That's nice I suppose. I'd rather them go that direction that something completely obvious like "the seattle sound" or another name that other sport teams have. 

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Rumors going around that the Seattle franchise team name will be Kraken. Hope that ain't true. 

I've been hoping for Orcas. The most badass animals in the world and they do live around Washington. They'd have to tell Vancouver to go F themselves regarding the mascot though. They should start by pointing out that Orca's are dolphins so naming him Fin the Whale means it ain't an Orca. And for a rivalry it would be great for them to be going against whales as the Orca is was originally known as whale killer because it attacks and kills whales, and it later got flipped to killer whale because people are stupid.

It has always been on my list of animals I want to see a team named for. The other big one I want is Hyenas.

7 hours ago, mse326 said:

I've been hoping for Orcas. The most badass animals in the world and they do live around Washington. They'd have to tell Vancouver to go F themselves regarding the mascot though. They should start by pointing out that Orca's are dolphins so naming him Fin the Whale means it ain't an Orca. And for a rivalry it would be great for them to be going against whales as the Orca is was originally known as whale killer because it attacks and kills whales, and it later got flipped to killer whale because people are stupid.

It has always been on my list of animals I want to see a team named for. The other big one I want is Hyenas.

Seattle Orcas has no flow or rhythm. One of the names the Seattle team is apparently considering is Whales. It’s equally weak.

So the Seattle name rumor is …. from a Capitals beat writer or something. The Theory is Seattle Sockeyes is the favorite, but there is a series of romance novels called Seattle Sockeyes (from the looks of it, women having steamy romances with various players of the local hockey team? IDK). Titles like Heat on Ice, and Bodycheck, you get the idea. Apparently, there are some copyright difficulties that would exclude that name. But Im not sure Im sold on that one. Still hoping for Sockeyes or Totems. The Rain City B!tch Pigeons was always a pipe dream I guess. 

Honestly, if they pick Kraken, they didn't think this through. 

THE KRAKHEADS ARE GOING WILD AT THE KRAKHOUSE!

Edited by animaltested

• 2 weeks later...