Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

3 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Man they are gonna let Markstrom walk aren't they? Yikes not even a sweetner.

I feel like it's almost pure stubbornness trying to cling to the idea that he can convince everyone that signing all these bottom sixers to oversized 3-6 million dollar per season contracts wasn't a mistake. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like it's almost pure stubbornness trying to cling to the idea that he can convince everyone that signing all these bottom sixers to oversized 3-6 million dollar per season contracts wasn't a mistake. 

Yeah, Benning is an idiot lol. I love that people think Baertschi has any type of value too. Wasn't he waived twice last year and anyone could've had him for free?

I really am not sure what Pitt is doing here. They must have really liked what they saw from Matheson, because I saw a bottom pair dman signed for six more seasons at nearly 5 per. He's much younger, so maybe there's some hope that he turns it back around, I guess? 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Maybe Pitt will see the reaction and back out, getting saved by Hornqvist's NTC lol

Is Rutherford just preparing Pittsburgh's next rebuild by creating a horrible team? Johnson-Matheson is a tire fire of a pairing.

Also I wonder if this is preparation of a Kris Letang trade. Letang-Marino-Matheson is a bloody expensive RHD for a team who wants to be low to mid 70s on the salary cap.

20 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Is Rutherford just preparing Pittsburgh's next rebuild by creating a horrible team? Johnson-Matheson is a tire fire of a pairing.

Also I wonder if this is preparation of a Kris Letang trade. Letang-Marino-Matheson is a bloody expensive RHD for a team who wants to be low to mid 70s on the salary cap.

Welp...they didn't take the out

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Well, they now have an incredibly expensive right side officially!

• Like 1