Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Travis Zajac out 4-6 months following surgery for a torn pec. The devils dont exactly have a high octane offense, even with the addition of Nico. This hurts. Be lucky to get him back at the start of the new year. 

All but guarantees we'll be seeing Michael McLeod up with the big boys. Well, either him or John Quenneville. 

8 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

All but guarantees we'll be seeing Michael McLeod up with the big boys. Well, either him or John Quenneville. 

I feel like McCleod was already likely to make the roster before. I think now we could have a decent shot at both opening up on the roster. 

23 hours ago, Forge said:

Travis Zajac out 4-6 months following surgery for a torn pec. The devils dont exactly have a high octane offense, even with the addition of Nico. This hurts. Be lucky to get him back at the start of the new year. 

Thats a tough blow. I really feel for Schneider through all of this.

15 hours ago, Forge said:

I feel like McCleod was already likely to make the roster before. I think now we could have a decent shot at both opening up on the roster. 

All depended on where they planned on playing McLeod. If the plan was to keep him at center, he was kinda screwed with Zajac, Henrique, Hischier, and Boyle. Now, if they planned on him playing RW, yeah, he had a very real shot either way. Now they can keep him at C and see what he does. It all but guarantees that Hischier is up too.

32 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

All depended on where they planned on playing McLeod. If the plan was to keep him at center, he was kinda screwed with Zajac, Henrique, Hischier, and Boyle. Now, if they planned on him playing RW, yeah, he had a very real shot either way. Now they can keep him at C and see what he does. It all but guarantees that Hischier is up too.

Oh definitely. Nico would have to completely bomb in camp and preseason. I'll look forward to the young guys playing. If the team is going to be bad, be bad in a way i can be hopeful lol

On 8/19/2017 at 7:44 AM, bkobow05 said:

As green as your forward group might be, I'm really excited to see them play. Oodles of talent and ability.

How is your defense shaping up?

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

As green as your forward group might be, I'm really excited to see them play. Oodles of talent and ability.

I think the words I would look for are...."not good". But in fairness, there was really a limited number of options to improve in that area this off season. 

Will Butcher making his decision Sunday..  He's narrowed decision to 4 teams with couple sources thinking Buffalo will be front runner. Hopefully Jack Eichel keeps up his campaign job.

He's very familiar with Eichel, Mittelstadt and a couple other American players we have 

Edited by BillsGuy82

On 8/24/2017 at 10:51 AM, Canadian Saint said:

Still garbage. All of our LHD's suck. Severino and hopefully Santini are really the only bright spots.