Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Kent Johnson and Matt Beniers are pulling away from the 2021 forward pack for me. Those two are clearly the best forwards in the draft. I still prefer Johnson because I think he's an elite playmaker but Beniers may be the better overall hockey player. Wouldn't surprise me if they go 1-2 in the draft since none of the defensemen are separating themselves.

Man that Michigan team is stacked, and right now I don't know who I'd take 1st. Beniers does remind me of Point however. I like Clarke the most, but I need to watch him play in Slovakia (IIRC) this season.

This draft is an absolute clusterbomb though. I can see someone taking the best player in the 5-15 range of the draft rather than the top 5. Thus far there is no Laf, Byfield or Stutzle level talent in my eyes.

EDIT: Lysell is my pick to end up being a top 5 pick.

Edited by Canadian Saint
  • Like 1

Taking my shot at a random public fantasy league cuz I figured we don't have enough posters here to get a league going. It's a 12 team H2H points league (so a blind luck type league). Picked #11.

Forwards: Taylor Hall, Mark Stone, Mathew Barzal, Teuvo Teravainen, Kyle Palmieri, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Rickard Rakell, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Jeff Skinner, Tyler Toffoli, Andre Burakovsky
Defensemen: Erik Karlsson, Jaccob Slavin, Colton Parayko, Mikhail Sergachev, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Matt Dumba, Hampus Lindholm
Goalies: Andrei Vasilevskiy, Connor Hellebuyck, Mackenzie Blackwood

Decided to take goalie/goalie at the 11/14 turn.

• Like 3

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said the league and its clubs will lose billions of dollars to stage an abridged 2021 season largely without fans, but he felt it was critical to play through the pandemic anyway.

"Let me make something really clear: We're coming back to play this season because we think it's important for the game, because our fans and our players want us to, and it may give people -- particularly in isolation, or where there are curfews -- a sense of normalcy and something to do," Bettman told reporters in a video call on Monday. "It would be cheaper for us to shut the doors and not play. We're going to lose more money, at the club level and the league level, by playing than by not playing."

Regarding the losses, Bettman said: "The magnitude of the loss starts with a B. We're out of the M range and into the B."

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 5:05 PM, beekay414 said:

Taking my shot at a random public fantasy league cuz I figured we don't have enough posters here to get a league going. It's a 12 team H2H points league (so a blind luck type league). Picked #11.

Forwards: Taylor Hall, Mark Stone, Mathew Barzal, Teuvo Teravainen, Kyle Palmieri, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Rickard Rakell, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Jeff Skinner, Tyler Toffoli, Andre Burakovsky
Defensemen: Erik Karlsson, Jaccob Slavin, Colton Parayko, Mikhail Sergachev, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Matt Dumba, Hampus Lindholm
Goalies: Andrei Vasilevskiy, Connor Hellebuyck, Mackenzie Blackwood

Decided to take goalie/goalie at the 11/14 turn.

I know you guys probably don't care but, woof, I started looking at free agents in this league because ESPN's projections are, well, terrible and they leave so many players unlisted in their top ranks. I saw that Robert Thomas was still a free agent and immediately dropped Hampus Lindholm for him. Thankfully, one dude decided to pick up Kaapo Kakko and Quinton Byfield over him. Crisis averted.

• Like 1