Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

22 y/o #1 C who can play against tough opposition and has increased his PPG every season won't be cheap. It starts with Nico I think. Tbh I also think the Devils do that too. Him and PLD are the same age and PLD is the superior player.

Eh, not sure if they would tbh. We've got Nico locked up for the next 7 years already.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, not sure if they would tbh. We've got Nico locked up for the next 7 years already.

Ahhh forgot he was signed longterm. Yeah then if Hughes and Nico are both out, some of your other studs would be going to CBJ.

I still think Ottawa is going to try trade for him, and Calgary might sell the farm for him too. All depends if he wants to stay at either of those cities.

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Ahhh forgot he was signed longterm. Yeah then if Hughes and Nico are both out, some of your other studs would be going to CBJ.

I still think Ottawa is going to try trade for him, and Calgary might sell the farm for him too. All depends if he wants to stay at either of those cities.

Rangers

40 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Hit me in the face with realism here because I don't even want to propose anything for S&Gs cuz it's definitely not going to be enough. I just know I'm not giving up Nico, Jack, Holtz, Mercer or Smith. That, in itself, is probably why I'd be out as the Devils.

Yeah, I think it takes one of them... And that's just the start

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I think it takes one of them... And that's just the start

Which means we're likely out from the get go. Maybe Mercer but that would require more depth going back. Jack's not going anywhere, Nico's locked up long term, we friggin' love Holtz and we have no reason to be trading from the blue line so Smith ain't moving. 

Bratt, Mercer, flier(s) like Clarke, Walsh, Misyul and a protected 1st or 2 is probably the best I could do. Even then, PLD would be our 3rd legit C so we'd almost have to move Hughes to wing in that case.

TBH it probably doesn't make sense for us to be in on PLD.

Edited by beekay414

Need help from you fantasy guys...

Dude just dropped Alexis Lafreniere to waivers for Tyler Seguin for some odd reason (Seguin's out til April IIRC). Which of the following forwards do I dump for him? Jeff Skinner, Tyler Toffoli, Andre Burakovsky, Jack Hughes, Robert Thomas or Dylan Strome? I picked up Strome in Hischier's spot since I can IR him now, so I'd have to dump an additional guy if it's Strome.

Is Laffy going to be a better option than those guys? He seems like he's a 60 point rookie in an 82 game season. I'm leaning either Toffoli or Burakovsky due to opportunity on their current team (Toffoli is RW3 and not likely to get PP time with Montreal). Strome and Thomas should both get top 6 minutes in STL and CHI. Burakovsky is an unknown and kinda had an outlier year last year.

I'm actually leaning on dumping Toffoli and Burakovsky for these guys as end of the bench gambles.

Edited by beekay414

Good win by the Oilers tonight. Angry McDavid is near unstoppable, and him and Drai are picking up right where they left off. The new additions looked good too. 4K, Turris and Kahun adding some nice depth.

Vancouver look pretty good top to bottom, but they are young. I think they sneak into the playoffs but they are a year or two away from being contenders. They need that goaltending to hold up.

Jack Johnson is the worst D-man in the NHL and I'll stand by that. Holy hell what a tirefire of a player.