Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Get rid of shootouts. Such a stupid way to decide who wins and loses a game. It's like the NBA having a FT contest to determine who wins. If you're not going to do it to decide playoff games, you shouldn't do it to decide regular season games.

By that theory shouldn't they also do away with the 3-on-3 and just do another period with next goal wins?

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

They’ll go after Keumper from Arizona like the Oilers will. It won’t be cheap but it’ll be worth it IMO.

Ooooh can't wait for the HF main boards to be littered with Avs fans offering Tyson Jost and Shane Bowers as the headlining package!

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Get rid of shootouts. Such a stupid way to decide who wins and loses a game. It's like the NBA having a FT contest to determine who wins. If you're not going to do it to decide playoff games, you shouldn't do it to decide regular season games.

So I believe it was the ECHL who did it, but they extended the OT to like 7 minutes as opposed to 5 and it pretty drastically cut down on the shootouts if I remember right. Also, 3 on 3 OT is so much more exciting than shootouts 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

So I believe it was the ECHL who did it, but they extended the OT to like 7 minutes as opposed to 5 and it pretty drastically cut down on the shootouts if I remember right. Also, 3 on 3 OT is so much more exciting than shootouts 

I'd rather go back to the old rules of 5 on 5 for 20 than keep what we have now. 5 minutes of 3 on 3 is such little time, it's stupid. Up it to 10. You should want to avoid shootouts.

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Does it matter? It's still better than a shootout.

I'm exploring your reasoning (that we should do in the regular season what we do in the postseason), not the rule preference. I'd love more time of 3-on-3 at least.

35 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I'm exploring your reasoning (that we should do in the regular season what we do in the postseason), not the rule preference. I'd love more time of 3-on-3 at least.

I'm fine with more hockey, not less. 10 minutes of 3 on 3 would help dramatically decrease the amount of shootouts. 

I just don't think that having different rules for the regular season than you do postseason makes much sense. 

I also think shootouts are boring and don't have a place in professional hockey. 

I don't understand why NBCSN doesn't show more NHL. There's really no reason they shouldn't tbqh. Instead of hockey, they have had, the last two nights, either figure skating or the Mecum Auto Auction on their network. You'd think that hockey would want more exposure and they are partnered with NBC. Makes no sense to me.