Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

3 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Flyers have enough talent up front and Hart will steal some games so they are probably a playoff team but I can't stand AVs system if you can even call it that.  Nights like tonight where no one is bringing it just show how terrible it is.  DZ exits are all plays off the glass or up the boards, NZ play is no player movement, just guys looking to tip pucks in and we NEVER have controlled zone entries.  It's hilarious watching this team play against a goalie that can play the puck.  

Flyers have skill so if they ever get set up in the zone or on the cycle they are dangerous but god damn there is zero creativity.  This team desperately needs Ghost to come back and stay healthy. 

You're talking to a man that had to watch John Hynes hockey the last 5 years. I know the pain. Lindy Ruff has been a godsend and it only took him two games to flex on how much better a coach he is than that turd in Nashville.

I think losing SC doesn't help either. That's such a massive defensive downgrade to Frost.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Interesting. I know they were loaded up with left handed defensemen but that's a pretty big downgrade. I wonder if this was just to save money while getting Conor Timmins in the lineup? He's on the taxi squad but it didn't make sense to scratch Cole for him due to Cole's salary?

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Man I hope the Avs have a good lockerroom. Pateryn has had lockerroom issues at both the Habs (and IIRC the Stars).

I wonder if the Avs did Cole a solid by trading him. I assume Bowen is coming up to get his playing time, so let Cole have enough playing time to land his next contract.

Frees up more cap space but also Cole was not good, constantly out of position and doesn’t bring anything other than experience to the table. Could come back to bite us if(when) Johnson gets hurt but between him and Graves one wasn’t going to stay the entire season and Graves is much cheaper.

On 1/18/2021 at 9:02 PM, flyers0909 said:

Flyers are icing Justin Braun on the 1st pair as well as Robert Hagg and Gustafsson.  Those 3 have been pretty much directly responsible for 4 goals against to the Buffalo ******* Sabres.  Game's only halfway over too.  

That is definitely this teams weakness. Myers needs to step it up and Cam York can't be ready fast enough to get some of these guys off the roster

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Apparently Marleau will break the records for game played this year. That's pretty huge. 

Yup. But I think I remember seeing the game would be right after the trade deadline. So he'll have to decide if he is willing to get traded to a contender or wants to break it with the Sharks