Official NHL Thread

John Hynes can't last much longer, right? The Preds are 8-11 and have scored 44 goals in 19 games. The only teams worse in GPG are the Red Wings and the Ducks IIRC.

Edited by beekay414
Just now, beekay414 said:

John Hynes can't last much longer, right? The Preds are 8-11 and have scored 44 goals in 19 games. The only teams worse in GPG are the Red Wings and the Ducks IIRC.

Who goes first, he or poile?

Just now, beekay414 said:

Both...at the same time.

Imagine that legacy for hynes. Being the guy who was part of two organizations that fired their coach and gm in back to back seasons

Just now, Forge said:

Imagine that legacy for hynes. Being the guy who was part of two organizations that fired their coach and gm in back to back seasons

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

It's not like we didn't see this coming. Hynes is a terrible coach. We saw it almost immediately in his lines for the Predators. Didn't he have something random like Sissons on the 2nd line and Duchene on the 3rd or 4th line LW from the get go? He's a turd and there's a reason Jack Hughes looks like an all-world player the year after that bald headed **** isn't on the bench.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Next year at the earliest. Poile is both stubborn and that franchise is cheap. With Turris already wasted money, I think they'll sell off as much as they can and have Hynes commit them to a rebuild midway through the season. Then fire his ***.

For the love of me I can't figure how incompetant you have to be as a headcoach to turn a D with the reigning Norris winner and turn it into a bottom 5 D.

12 hours ago, TENINCH said:

So nice getting Kirill to Minnesota

It's like he has revitalized the whole squad. He even makes Rask look like a competent NHL player! Maybe the issue the last few years was how slow Koivu and Staal were.  

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

The Jack Eichel sweepstakes are going to be wild in the offseason. The Sabres are a dumpster fire of epic proportions.

Do you think that they really trade him? 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Do you think that they really trade him? 

Friedman reported that he was 'restless' in Buffalo last offseason. Thus far even the Hall addition hasn't worked out. They are closer to a lottery team (again) than the playoffs. Eichel is 6 years into his career and playoffs are no where near in sight. Their prospects don't develop well, they are in line for another coaching change and their GM is in his first GM job at any level (lets not even talk about the Skinner and Okposo contracts). I'd be very surprised if he was a Sabre next season. I think he asks out.

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

Friedman reported that he was 'restless' in Buffalo last offseason. Thus far even the Hall addition hasn't worked out. They are closer to a lottery team (again) than the playoffs. Eichel is 6 years into his career and playoffs are no where near in sight. Their prospects don't develop well, they are in line for another coaching change and their GM is in his first GM job at any level (lets not even talk about the Skinner and Okposo contracts). I'd be very surprised if he was a Sabre next season. I think he asks out.

I can't even think of what they will ask for, but whatever they get won't be enough.