Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

On 3/3/2021 at 3:48 PM, Canadian Saint said:

Wheeler from the Athletic released his mid-way top 64. I don't love this top 5 at all. There is no clear cut #1 and most of these guys have some real concerns.

Yeah, I keep thinking about what I'd be willing to trade the devils first round pick for. I wish clayton keller were more than meh. Wonder if vancouver would move Boeser and have that pick go back as a key piece

I'm all for this change. Ward hard to go and that was blatantly obvious. Did a decent job as interim coach but the guy simply is not cut out for a HC gig. Great person and I wish him luck as an assistant somewhere.

Sutter imo is a top tier coach in the NHL. He's a hard *** for sure, something the Flames desperately need right now, but more importantly demands accountability, effort and grit. I think some players will flourish under him and some will obviously faulter. Treliving suuuucks at hiring HC and I feel like Ownership had to step in here and get a legit HC with this core once and for all. If the team continues to suck, hey we gave it a real shot with this hire. Best case he comes in and instils a good scheme, the players finally play hard, and we battle for the playoffs. I sure hope we can get behind the bench Saturday vs. EDM but that's TBD (He lives in Alberta and I imagine this has been in place for a while so maybe he's been getting tested behind closed doors??).

It's fun to finally have some freaking optimism!

88076afa30a452a95b4b65a5cb0918f1.jpg

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

How is Tom Wilson still allowed to play hockey? 

Because they made a 4th line meme person into their head of DoPS to look good for optics for the concussion law suit. I'm with you, how on earth is he still in the league after the laundry list of dirty crap he's done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

How is Tom Wilson still allowed to play hockey? 

And I believe I read that he's accrued enough time since his last incident that under the policy he is no longer even going to be considered a repeat offender. So I wouldn't be shocked if this is 5 or less games, which is mind boggling

• Like 1

Just now, mse326 said:

And I believe I read that he's accrued enough time since his last incident that under the policy he is no longer even going to be considered a repeat offender. So I wouldn't be shocked if this is 5 or less games, which is mind boggling

I just want someone to completely end his career on a hit similar to the hundreds he's doled out. Guy has no business being in hockey anymore.

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I just want someone to completely end his career on a hit similar to the hundreds he's doled out. Guy has no business being in hockey anymore.

Similar to Matt Cooke. I hated when he came to the Wild. Just hated the guy...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I want to become a hockey fan but have no idea where to start or which team to support. Help me out boys.

Go with either Vegas or Seattle. New fan to the game so go with the new(er) teams. Vegas is legit good af and Seattle's expansion draft is this summer.

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I want to become a hockey fan but have no idea where to start or which team to support. Help me out boys.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Go with either Vegas or Seattle. New fan to the game so go with the new(er) teams. Vegas is legit good af and Seattle's expansion draft is this summer.

Just to piggy back on this. I got back into hockey a few years ago after not watching since like early 2000. I decided to support Vegas, and still do, but found myself really liking my hometown Flyers as well to where they are my primary team. As BK said Seattle will also be entering very soon and with the same expansion draft rules will likely be at least solid from the start. But don't feel you have to pick a team. Just watch games and some interviews and you'll probably just gravitate to a team that for some reason hits you (except the Bruins. Don't support them)

• Like 1