Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Go with either Vegas or Seattle. New fan to the game so go with the new(er) teams. Vegas is legit good af and Seattle's expansion draft is this summer.

Yeah I am leaning towards the Golden Knights. I work in Vegas like 2-3 times a month, I need to catch a game soon.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I want to become a hockey fan but have no idea where to start or which team to support. Help me out boys.

I know you've got some good recommendations, but one thing I'll say is try watching some games with the games top players. Guys like Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin and Kane have been good for a very very long time. Then you have guys like McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews and Panarin who are the next wave of top tier talent.

I think one of Hockey's strengths is seeing how much talent the guys mentioned above have and the speed in which they do what they do. Once you pick up the flow and nuances of the game, then I think it's easier to pick a team based on other things (location, philosophy, system, history etc.).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Hockey people are ridiculous. That kid fell because he was cocky and not because of his talent. The dumbest thing ever.

Oilers traded the pick (as a part of the package) that became Barzal for Griffen freaking Reinhart. Who from all accounts was one of the laziest prospects we've had in a while. I'll never not hate Chiarelli.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

Oilers traded the pick (as a part of the package) that became Barzal for Griffen freaking Reinhart. Who from all accounts was one of the laziest prospects we've had in a while. I'll never not hate Chiarelli.

Yeah, well, we took a passive talented turd at #6 that year when we needed the position that Barzal plays soooo

On 3/7/2021 at 6:46 AM, Canadian Saint said:

I know you've got some good recommendations, but one thing I'll say is try watching some games with the games top players. Guys like Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin and Kane have been good for a very very long time. Then you have guys like McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews and Panarin who are the next wave of top tier talent.

I think one of Hockey's strengths is seeing how much talent the guys mentioned above have and the speed in which they do what they do. Once you pick up the flow and nuances of the game, then I think it's easier to pick a team based on other things (location, philosophy, system, history etc.).

yeah watch any penguins vs capitals or penguins vs flyers game when they come up - not only do they have elite players on show, they also have the upper echelon rivaly. and maybe the thread can get a fellow penguins fan if ya do too @NYRaider

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Friedman also indicating that the 2021 Draft is likely to be this year and not moved like he previously felt it would be. Says coming out with these lottery proposals indicate it's not going to be moved.

I like that more