Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Either is dumb, spending assets on this team this year would be such a terrible move.  Ekholm also means they have to waste more assets to protect a defenseman. 

Would we though? At this point do you really care if we lose or Myers for instance? Or even that Seattle would take him over Voracek, JVR, Patrick, or Lindblom? 

35 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Would we though? At this point do you really care if we lose or Myers for instance? Or even that Seattle would take him over Voracek, JVR, Patrick, or Lindblom? 

I mean yeah Myers has had a pretty poor year but someone his size, his skating ability, and what he showed last year, I would be really really against just letting him go for free.  I would assume the 7 protected right now are Giroux/Hayes/TK/Patrick/Lindblom/Couturier/Voracek.  That leaves Myers or JVR and I would absolutely much rather lose JVR given his age, position, and salary.  Maybe the cost wouldn't be too much to have Seattle take JVR over Myers, I just don't think the difference between our team now and a legit cup run is Ekholm.  The team is actually playing pretty damn well lately, we are just getting the worst goaltending of maybe any team ever.  

I'm all in on Hart long term but with the way this season is I'm not banking future assets on him completely turning it around and getting us in the playoffs.  Elliott certainly can't do it and if you're betting on us or Boston making it to the playoffs I'm taking Boston 100% of the time.  Just punt this year, maybe try and sell like Raffl or Laughton, and look to make some moves after the expansion draft. 

6 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I mean yeah Myers has had a pretty poor year but someone his size, his skating ability, and what he showed last year, I would be really really against just letting him go for free.  I would assume the 7 protected right now are Giroux/Hayes/TK/Patrick/Lindblom/Couturier/Voracek.  That leaves Myers or JVR and I would absolutely much rather lose JVR given his age, position, and salary.  Maybe the cost wouldn't be too much to have Seattle take JVR over Myers, I just don't think the difference between our team now and a legit cup run is Ekholm.  The team is actually playing pretty damn well lately, we are just getting the worst goaltending of maybe any team ever.  

I'm all in on Hart long term but with the way this season is I'm not banking future assets on him completely turning it around and getting us in the playoffs.  Elliott certainly can't do it and if you're betting on us or Boston making it to the playoffs I'm taking Boston 100% of the time.  Just punt this year, maybe try and sell like Raffl or Laughton, and look to make some moves after the expansion draft. 

If Ekholm was just this year I'd agree, but he stays next year and this defense has been horrendous. The goaltending hasn't been good at all, but the defense has been worse. I think we are relying a bit too much on ceiling from Myers. He showed some signs last year, but wasn't special, and this year has been poor. I'm not saying I'd give up on him, but he isn't stopping me from getting Ekholm. It's probably moot though with how the Preds have been playing. I don't think they trade him if they are in the playoff picture.

I was totally wrong have Dawson Mercer outside my top 20 last year. He's at 19 goals & 17 assists in 22 games in his D+1 year. His upside is a two way 60-70 point player that can slot anywhere in the lineup. He's shaping up to be the steal of the draft at 18.

38 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Looks like dumping Ghost to the TS or whatever they did paid off. Only down 3 goals to the Sabres...again.

Benched Ghost, Lindblom, and Patrick

xGF% of the 3 guys that replaced them? 9%, 12%, and 31%.  All worst on the team.  Saw this the other day, this is hanging in the Flyers' locker room  **** AV and his ego. 

Kate Frese on Twitter: "A sign that hangs in the Flyers locker room… "

• Like 2

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Benched Ghost, Lindblom, and Patrick

xGF% of the 3 guys that replaced them? 9%, 12%, and 31%.  All worst on the team.  Saw this the other day, this is hanging in the Flyers' locker room  **** AV and his ego. 

Kate Frese on Twitter: "A sign that hangs in the Flyers locker room… "

lmao hockey coaches are the absolute friggin' worst. They coach pros like they are high schoolers.

• Like 1