Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

13 minutes ago, GW21 said:

A delay of game penalty for players changing on an icing call that should have been waved off is what inspired that post. Also the first penalty where they called a hook on MacKinnon where Fiala was holding his stick was pretty week. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a delay of game penalty called for that before. 

The delay of game was weird. Didnt see exactly what happened as I was wrist deep into a plate of wings, but definitely an odd call.

2 minutes ago, Tperk said:

The delay of game was weird. Didnt see exactly what happened as I was wrist deep into a plate of wings, but definitely an odd call.

Yeah, that’s my main gripe. The hook was weak, but those happen sometimes. 

15 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Yeah, that’s my main gripe. The hook was weak, but those happen sometimes. 

Damn the Avs are fun to watch, but I hate it when they are playing the Wild. Just killing them again tonight in the second period.

1 minute ago, Tperk said:

Damn the Avs are fun to watch, but I hate it when they are playing the Wild. Just killing them again tonight in the second period.

When they are rolling they are damn near unstoppable. Their biggest issue has been injuries and goal tending the last couple of years. Grubauer has been great for the most part. I really hope this isn’t a sign of things to come. The Wild are feasting on the PP tonight.

1 hour ago, Tperk said:

Wowzers! Congrats on the win. That was ugly for us AVS fans. 

16 hours ago, GW21 said:

Wowzers! Congrats on the win. That was ugly for us AVS fans. 

It was pretty tight there thru most of the second period for sure. We are still a player or two away from being able to compete and win on a regular basis against the Avs. Its crazy how much faster the Wild are just by adding Kaprisov and getting rid of Staal and Koivu.