Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

I’m so tired of Ken Holland. He’s so freaking bad at his job and he keeps trying to do things the way it was in 2000.

FFS this franchise is dumb as ****.

I haven’t been overly upset with him until now. I wouldn’t trade Jones straight up much less throw in a pick. 

Just now, diehardlionfan said:

I haven’t been overly upset with him until now. I wouldn’t trade Jones straight up much less throw in a pick. 

Why oh why didn’t we send out a bad contract back makes no sense. We literally bent over backwards to do Chicago a favour. Like what the hell? This was like a Ryan Smyth situation where he wanted to come to essentially only Edmonton. Yet with zero leverage Bowman bent over Holland who was happy to help. Yeah give them both salary breathing room and a key to getting Seth Jones. 

Fire Ken Holland 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Why oh why didn’t we send out a bad contract back makes no sense. We literally bent over backwards to do Chicago a favour. Like what the hell? This was like a Ryan Smyth situation where he wanted to come to essentially only Edmonton. Yet with zero leverage Bowman bent over Holland who was happy to help. Yeah give them both salary breathing room and a key to getting Seth Jones. 

Fire Ken Holland 

For Holland’s sake I hope Keith can play 20 minutes a night at a high level.

Interesting that the Senators hired McGuire. Listening to Dorians press conference he mentioned McGuires name was brought forward by Melnyk.

You can bet McGuire is being paid less than others in his position.

Melnyk gutted the front office to cut costs during the rebuild. Perhaps the team has progressed to a point where he’s prepared to spend some money.