Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Just don't even think that group is a bubble playoff team. Way too much emphasis on youth that don't have much upside. 

Fair enough. I kinda wonder if Seattle prefer that though. I'd rather bottom out and be in for the next two generational talents (with better odds due to the NHL) rather than be in purgatory.

3 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Keep seeing rumors that the Flyers would have Seattle take Tarasenko then trade Voracek plus a pick (non 1st rounder) for Vlad then Seattle takes Hagg from Philly.  Would be a gamble for sure. 

So basically Seattle is trading Dunn for hagg and a pick? Not bad. Not sure hagg has Dunn's upside, but the league is pretty down on Dunn right now too, it seems like

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

https://www.tsn.ca/owen-power-pulls-away-from-crowded-nhl-draft-field-1.1669730

Final draft rankings from Bob. 

1. Power
2. Beniers
3. Edvinsson
4. Eklund
4. McTavish
6. Guenther
7. Clarke
8. Hughes
9. Johnson
10. Lucius

11. Sillinger
12. Wallstedt
13. Coronato
14. Lysell
15. Cossa

I hope everyone sleeps on Guenther and he drops all the way to the Oilers.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Apparently Larsson is now unlikely to re-sign with the oilers?

So word is now he's weighing up his options. We've got an offer on the table for him, but I think him and his agent are tempted to try free agency and see if he can get a better offer.

Frank Servelli (who is pretty good) said Barrie has a chance of coming back if Larsson leaves. The big problem with that however, is it leaves our rightside as Bear-Barrie-Bouchard. An absolute dumpster fire defensively for a team with playoff aspirations.

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

So word is now he's weighing up his options. We've got an offer on the table for him, but I think him and his agent are tempted to try free agency and see if he can get a better offer.

Frank Servelli (who is pretty good) said Barrie has a chance of coming back if Larsson leaves. The big problem with that however, is it leaves our rightside as Bear-Barrie-Bouchard. An absolute dumpster fire defensively for a team with playoff aspirations.

Priority one was to get Larson signed. It’s looking like that won’t happen. Another unforced error.

6 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

You have to be super excited by a Keith / Barrie pairing. 

Last year the devils played Matt Tennyson, so beekay and I feel your pain

• Like 2