11. Sillinger
12. Wallstedt
13. Coronato
14. Lysell
15. Cossa

@beekay414 it's happening!!

What? Edvinsson? I'm gonna be so pissed lol

25 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Priority one was to get Larson signed. It’s looking like that won’t happen. Another unforced error.

As much as I dislike Holland, this one might be Larsson and his agent. Truthfully, this is his last free agent deal. I love Larsson, but he has his limitations. If he wants Tanev money, I'm not sure I'm comfortable giving that to a guy who has a history of a bad back.

The error would be bringing back Barrie. That contract is going to be awful the moment it's signed. So truthfully Holland will get it done asap.

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

Too long for a bottom six

Man I don't get teams. If you want to overpay bottom sixers, overpay C's. Never wingers. Centers can hang around and be somewhat worth their deals a lot longer than wingers can. Example, Calle Jarnkrok vs. Brandon Tanev. That contract is going to be an albatross in like 2 seasons.

10 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

How good is he? Anyone know?

The honest answer is....we don't know?

He's essentially been a starting goaltender for like 35-40 games. He posted some insane numbers, but that all could be a mirage. The risk is you get a guy like Scott Darling or Andrew Hammond who completely falls flat on their face with starting reigns. IIRC his advanced stats weren't the worst, but it's a risk. For Seattle it's worth it however. If he sucks, oh well. If not, hey we found ourselves a starting goalie.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Also for anyone on HF whats the best thread to read about prospects on there? American prospects or do you just read about each player in their own individual thread?

So if the prospect has been drafted, go to the individual team board and look for a prospects thread. Google + prospects name + HFboards normally works.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

So if the prospect has been drafted, go to the individual team board and look for a prospects thread. Google + prospects name + HFboards normally works.

Im just starting out to take a deep dive into prospects so I was looking for a general area to try and read up on them. Thinking I will just start out in the general prospect threads and go form there.

Also thank for the replies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not even going to care. I still think it's Hughes obviously, but the NHL is absurdly high on Edvinsson for whatever reason. 

Oh I'm going to care more than I did last year when we passed on Rossi and Jarvis for Holtz. For me, this is why going in with the mentality that we couldn't take 3 forwards last year was so damn stupid. You're about to draft another guy at the same position that you forced at 20 last year and the same position you overcompensated for in an entire draft the year (or two) prior. Like WTF man. Take BPA and run with it. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh I'm going to care more than I did last year when we passed on Rossi and Jarvis for Holtz. For me, this is why going in with the mentality that we couldn't take 3 forwards last year was so damn stupid. You're about to draft another guy at the same position that you forced at 20 last year and the same position you overcompensated for in an entire draft the year (or two) prior. Like WTF man. Take BPA and run with it. 

ANy reason or speculation why he dropped? I think the WIld got him at 9 and thats considered to be a huge steal for us.

4 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

As much as I dislike Holland, this one might be Larsson and his agent. Truthfully, this is his last free agent deal. I love Larsson, but he has his limitations. If he wants Tanev money, I'm not sure I'm comfortable giving that to a guy who has a history of a bad back.

The error would be bringing back Barrie. That contract is going to be awful the moment it's signed. So truthfully Holland will get it done asap.

All players, with the exception of a few players have limitations. I understand what your saying in Larssons case but 4x4.5 wouldn’t bother me a bit. If he gets a ridiculous contract offer then Holland has to let him go.

Barrie would simply slow Bouchard progress which was already mismanaged by putting him on the taxi squad. It would’ve been better had he played in Bakersfield or loaned out to a European team.

The Oilers don’t have enough grit and they need to replace Larssons  physical play and we don’t have anyone close to providing it. With the rumours of Kassian possibly being traded the Ouls become even softer and easier to play against.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Cuz he's 5'9" and older. Players drop unnecessarily due to size all the time.

People underestimate Rossi all the time. He drove the defence nuts in the corners. He’s got a low centre of gravity and the kid is really strong. He’s not a typical 5 foot 9 hockey player. 

I expect they simply saw Holtz as a better opportunity. He’s not exactly a giant either.