Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Also, I don't trust the Driedger/Vanecek goalie pairing to be that consistent/good behind that D group. It's got names but I question the fits. They are going to be asking a **** ton out of Vince Dunn from the get go. Obviously, Giordano, if they keep him, will be their top offensive dman but they are going to plug Dunn in for major offensive minutes regardless. We'll definitely see if his potential matches the performance real quick.

Just now, flyers0909 said:

They also have a ton of cap room and a bunch of expirings next year.  They could have easily added like Voracek/JVR and Tarasenko and not been in trouble at all.  

This is going to be the biggest debate, I think. They left Bean off the table for geekie and took Dunn over tarasenko? I'd much rather have Bean + tank than Dunn and geekie

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Also, I don't trust the Driedger/Vanecek goalie pairing to be that consistent/good behind that D group. It's got names but I question the fits. They are going to be asking a **** ton out of Vince Dunn from the get go. Obviously, Giordano, if they keep him, will be their top offensive dman but they are going to plug Dunn in for major offensive minutes regardless. We'll definitely see if his potential matches the performance real quick.

Dunn and Larsson could be a good pairing at least

Completely forgot about Larsson, that D isn't bad at all.  It could have been a real competitive team with some forward picks.  

Wright/Bedard?  Would be a real tough sell to completely tank year one. 

The D group overall is okay but the potential pairings don't make much sense right now. Dunn-Larsson is the only one that jumps off the page.

Completely forgot about Larsson, that D isn't bad at all.  It could have been a real competitive team with some forward picks.  

Wright/Bedard?  Would be a real tough sell to completely tank year one. 

Yeah, I don't think they are doing the tank thing. 

I will say that I wouldn't at all be surprised if they trade down in the draft though. Columbus has three first round picks and one of them is the last in the round. Columbus may be a team that really likes Edvinsson

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also, horse Gourde is hurt

Yeah nah I think they're tanking. You have a couple of franchise altering talents coming up in the next few drafts and these guys know purgatory as an expansion team won't help them in the long run. Take some flippable talent, middle six guys and cap space, and suck for the next few years to set yourself up to pick high in the draft.

Vegas situation won't happen again with teams learning from their mistakes, so do the best thing for the franchise in the long run. Even if it hurts them in the short term.

• Like 1