Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Good grief Vancouver. Jumping on that OEL contract to save the rest of us.

With Garland included in that deal, I'm almost certain it will involve #9 overall. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

With Garland included in that deal, I'm almost certain it will involve #9 overall. 

They better hope that Quinn Hughes will settle for less than what Nate Schmidt is making because that's going to put them right at the god damn cap if they do that.

Just now, beekay414 said:

They better hope that Quinn Hughes will settle for less than what Nate Schmidt is making because that's going to put them right at the god damn cap if they do that.

I believe a lot of Vancouvers cap issues are single year deals. May be possible that Arizona is taking a number of those back. They traded Hill , maybe Holtby goes back. Loui could move if he'll waive. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I believe a lot of Vancouvers cap issues are single year deals. May be possible that Arizona is taking a number of those back. They traded Hill , maybe Holtby goes back. Loui could move if he'll waive. 

AND THEY STILL HAVE TO PAY PETTERSSON TOO

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

AND THEY STILL HAVE TO PAY PETTERSSON TOO

They are buying out Virtanen. Roussel is being traded. That's 3 out. Schmidt is almost assuredly gone.  Holtby will be gone. I think that they are okay, but damn, it's amazing how many bad deals that team has. 

Just now, Forge said:

They are buying out Virtanen. Roussel is being traded. That's 3 out. Schmidt is almost assuredly gone.  Holtby will be gone. I think that they are okay, but damn, it's amazing how many bad deals that team has. 

And then they'd still have to bring in another goalie if they ship out Holtby. Don't think DiPietro is ready.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And then they'd still have to bring in another goalie if they ship out Holtby. Don't think DiPietro is ready.

They'll bring in a back up. It's ride or die time for Demko 

Just now, Forge said:

They'll bring in a back up. It's ride or die time for Demko 

Oh, I know. They are just pushing their cap problems down the road. Giving up short term deals to fill in long term cap and they're going to have to pay Boeser, Miller, Rathbone and Horvat soon as well.