Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

17 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Anyone on here follow the hockey guy on YT? If so how are his takes usually? He seems to be pretty knowlegable on the sport and prospects just am wondering if hes usually pretty johnny on the spot with his takes

He's decent. He doesn't know in depth about all teams, so a lot of fans will complain that he's not bullish enough on certain players, but overall he's pretty fair. I'll say his takes are pretty level headed for the most part.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 12:00 PM, flyers0909 said:

Worse player on a worse contract, let’s go Fletch! Keep em coming! 

Edit, thought Cam had two more years than Jake. Still though this is **** 

Man, I can't imagine how you're feeling about this offseason. I like the players they brought in stylistically and being able to fill a lot of your needs before FA and come out with more cap space than you started with before FA isn't a bad way to go. That said I don't expect many surprises in FA.

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

Man, I can't imagine how you're feeling about this offseason. I like the players they brought in stylistically and being able to fill a lot of your needs before FA and come out with more cap space than you started with before FA isn't a bad way to go. That said I don't expect many surprises in FA.

This was a pretty gut reaction to losing Jake more than the actual deal haha.  All in all it's a fair trade, shed some salary, and while Jake is probably the better player, Atkinson fits this team really well.  

I just hate the assets they spent on Ristolainen and to get rid of Ghost.  We lost A LOT of draft capital in those two moves to not add anything except a bit of cap space and a real risky Dman with only one year left on his contract.  They are betting huge that his analytics were solely because he was in Buffalo and not that he's just a bad player.  

2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I just hate the assets they spent on Ristolainen and to get rid of Ghost.  We lost A LOT of draft capital in those two moves to not add anything except a bit of cap space and a real risky Dman with only one year left on his contract.  They are betting huge that his analytics were solely because he was in Buffalo and not that he's just a bad player.  

Yea the Risto acquisition was expensive but was pretty much the going rate this offseason. Somewhat strange to pay that much for an expiring contract that has "prove it" feels to it but the FA market is somewhat limited for the player we needed. Dougie seems out of our range now considering the contracts being given out to D men, the only other 2nd pairing RHD is really Savard maybe Bogo?