Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

What exactly are the Canucks plans with their blue line? They currently have OEL, Myers, Hamonic, Poolman, Rathbone, Schenn and Hunt signed and their RFAs are Juolevi and Hughes. 

Hughes-Myers
OEL-Hamonic
Rathbone-Poolman

Hunt and Schenn rotate in?

If you figure out the Canucks plan maybe you could tell Benning.🤠

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I didn't even think about it, but Francis also bypassed Zadorov for freaking Quenneville and he could have flipped Z for a pick. 

Every time I read about another trade this offseason I literally say out loud "Seattle should have done that". Especially when it comes to Arizona moves. Literally Seattle asked for Cam York to Take Ghosts contract....what is that?

• Like 1

Ron Francis' handiwork so far:

~16.4 mil left in cap space (10th most remaining in NHL)

Additional picks: 4th in 2022, 2nd and 4th in 2023

Depth chart based on Cap hit:
Schwartz - Gourde - Eberle
Tanev - Wennberg - Donskoi
McCann - Jarnkrok - Appleton
Twarynski - Blackwell - Bastian

Giordano - Larsson
Oleksiak - Dunn
Soucy - Fleury
Lauzon - Borgen
Cholowski

Grubauer
Driedger

Seems like we overpaid for Kuemper, but he's definitely a solid goaltender when healthy. Seems like we really boxed ourselves into a corner letting Grubi hit the market. Sucks to lose Timmins, but I don't think it's the end of the world. I wish we could have sent Johnson as a part of the deal instead, but luckily we've got a number of guys in our system that should be ready in short order. 

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

Seems like we overpaid for Kuemper, but he's definitely a solid goaltender when healthy. Seems like we really boxed ourselves into a corner letting Grubi hit the market. Sucks to lose Timmins, but I don't think it's the end of the world. I wish we could have sent Johnson as a part of the deal instead, but luckily we've got a number of guys in our system that should be ready in short order. 

It was definitely an overpay, but yeah, you were caught between a rock and a hard place. 

On the bright side, the first round pick will be super late, so unlikely to yield anything great, and there's no telling what Timmins is moving forward and the concussion issue will always loom large. For an overpay, there's a chance that it amounts to absolutely nothing lol 

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Ron Francis' handiwork so far:

~16.4 mil left in cap space (10th most remaining in NHL)

Additional picks: 4th in 2022, 2nd and 4th in 2023

Depth chart based on Cap hit:
Schwartz - Gourde - Eberle
Tanev - Wennberg - Donskoi
McCann - Jarnkrok - Appleton
Twarynski - Blackwell - Bastian

Giordano - Larsson
Oleksiak - Dunn
Soucy - Fleury
Lauzon - Borgen
Cholowski

Grubauer
Driedger

Would flip McCann and Tanev. Think Seattle also signs another LW (Nick Ritchie?).

Schwartz - Gourde - Eberle
McCann - Wennberg - Donskoi
Tanev/UFA - Jarnkrok - Appleton
Tanev/UFA - Blackwell - Bastian

Just looked at Buffalo's roster. Dahlin and Joker are both about to have a +/- in the -50 range lol.

Dahlin - Jokiharju
Butcher - Miller
Hagg - Pysyk

Craig Anderson - Aaron Dell

Woof.

It's Buffalo vs Arizona for the right to draft Shane Wright.

Edited by beekay414

4 hours ago, Forge said:

It was definitely an overpay, but yeah, you were caught between a rock and a hard place. 

On the bright side, the first round pick will be super late, so unlikely to yield anything great, and there's no telling what Timmins is moving forward and the concussion issue will always loom large. For an overpay, there's a chance that it amounts to absolutely nothing lol 

Timmins is a solid player for sure, but not a guy that’s irreplaceable. Honestly I’m more bummed out about shipping Gravy out of town.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Wow. He got more AAV than Dougie lol.

Yeah but it rips right through his prime. I actually kind of like it. It goes through ages 25-30. You know they will trade him that last year. So they get the very best of him prime, someone else overpays for his over 30 years, you get assets back at 30. If you're going to buy out at least 3 ufa years (may have been 4), it's going to hurt.