Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Been pleased with all of the additions so far. Sillinger already looks like he belongs at 18. 

Our team is young and undersized so we will likely get bullied by a lot of the Metro teams.

I'm still a fan of Seth though. Haven't seen any Hawks games so far, but hard for me to believe he's done at 27 when I've seen him at his best. Really thought his offensive game would thrive away from Torts. 

18 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

I'm still a fan of Seth though. Haven't seen any Hawks games so far, but hard for me to believe he's done at 27 when I've seen him at his best. Really thought his offensive game would thrive away from Torts. 

He's been brutal

On 10/14/2021 at 10:49 PM, mattyice0401 said:

So to anyone who watched the Kraken game is that what people meant by Hakshell? The preds spent the entire period in our zone Was that his coaching or did we just get dominated in the 3rd like what it looked like

Yep, that's Hakstol for you.  Look at their game against the Predators.  Tie game headed into the 3rd, Nashville had a 21-2 advantage in shot attempts in the 3rd.  Seattle had a ZERO xGF% in the 3rd!  That's completely absurd.

Tonight will be hilarious if Seattle leads in the 3rd, Seattle will be in their shell and AV will still insist on dumping and chasing.  Literally nothing will happen until we pull the goalie and the good players can actually show off their skill.  

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Yep, that's Hakstol for you.  Look at their game against the Predators.  Tie game headed into the 3rd, Nashville had a 21-2 advantage in shot attempts in the 3rd.  Seattle had a ZERO xGF% in the 3rd!  That's completely absurd.

Tonight will be hilarious if Seattle leads in the 3rd, Seattle will be in their shell and AV will still insist on dumping and chasing.  Literally nothing will happen until we pull the goalie and the good players can actually show off their skill.  

Is that his gameplan or were we just getting outplayed? I dont know if you watched the game or not so its an honest question

Because it looks like we just straight up out played and out hustled but if thats his gameplan my god I dont know if i can be a fan the anxiety that came along with it

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Is that his gameplan or were we just getting outplayed? I dont know if you watched the game or not so its an honest question

Because it looks like we just straight up out played and out hustled but if thats his gameplan my god I dont know if i can be a fan the anxiety that came along with it

To be fair I didn't watch it, just going off of what I saw when he coached the Flyers.  Hilarious stat, Hakstol has coached the 3rd most games in Flyers history.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

😬

The fact in my above post that Hakstol has coached the 3rd most games in team history plays a part in this. Old boys club in Philly!

Speaking of, Frost got benched in his 2nd game in the AHL this year, completely benched in a 6 on 3 at the end of the game where we didn't get a shot on goal.  Love that Lappy is the coach there. 

• Like 1

So maybe I’m missing something, but does Eichel really have to wait to be traded to have his surgery? Seems kind of petty at this point. They’ve already said they’ll trade him, might as well let him get the surgery out of the way. Seems odd that a team could block a procedure like that.