Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh please no, to the second part. That team is too exciting on offense to lose it to Torts. I'd love to Jukka Jalonen come over. The Finnish national team always played above their talent with him and pairing him with your star player in Barkov just seems perfect

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Was just about to post this. This is a really good AAV for Rielly. Obviously the term will bite them in the *** like it does with all of these contracts, but thats a good million, if not slightly more, under where he should be paid given his offensive production. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Was just about to post this. This is a really good AAV for Rielly. Obviously the term will bite them in the *** like it does with all of these contracts, but thats a good million, if not slightly more, under where he should be paid given his offensive production. 

Absolutely. I do wonder if this is the off-season that Marner finally gets dealt though. You add Rielly at $2.5m more AAV plus you still need to, at the very least, bridge Sandin and Liljegren and you have to extend Jack Campbell as well. You figured Campbell's going to get $5m AAV or better. Though, I guess, they could just roll the dice with Mrazek as their #1.

Just gotta believe they're going to trade one of Marner or Nylander to fit the rest of the team next year.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Absolutely. I do wonder if this is the off-season that Marner finally gets dealt though. You add Rielly at $2.5m more AAV plus you still need to, at the very least, bridge Sandin and Liljegren and you have to extend Jack Campbell as well. You figured Campbell's going to get $5m AAV or better. Though, I guess, they could just roll the dice with Mrazek as their #1.

Just gotta believe they're going to trade one of Marner or Nylander to fit the rest of the team next year.

If the team continues to stall, they are going to have to do something. JT is the one who is going to gum up the works, I think. 11 million with a full no move and you know he's not waiving it. Still has 3 years after this one left and I think that the aging curve is going to come for him shortly. 

Sandin seems to finally be getting his crack at the NHL, but I'm guessing that Liljegren has missed his boat? I'm not sure if he's hurt or something, but he's only played in a couple of games this year. He was a guy I'd like to get back in a Miles Wood trade if we moved him to Toronto. Definitely need an RHD and he could pretty much immediately step into a bottom 4 role for us regardless of how good or bad he's played lol. 

The Marner / Nylander thing is interesting because I do believe that Marner is the better player, but he is worse value and Nylander probably lands more in a trade because there can be a bigger market for him. Marner is also under contract an extra year. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

If the team continues to stall, they are going to have to do something. JT is the one who is going to gum up the works, I think. 11 million with a full no move and you know he's not waiving it. Still has 3 years after this one left and I think that the aging curve is going to come for him shortly. 

I thought that contract was a mistake when they signed it. He was a luxury signing and they gave him way more than he was worth. There's a reason why the Islanders haven't skipped a beat since he moved on. He doesn't impact games IMO. Feel like he's an empty stats player. I hope he does cost them some valuable assets and wastes their Matthews window.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sandin seems to finally be getting his crack at the NHL, but I'm guessing that Liljegren has missed his boat? I'm not sure if he's hurt or something, but he's only played in a couple of games this year. He was a guy I'd like to get back in a Miles Wood trade if we moved him to Toronto. Definitely need an RHD and he could pretty much immediately step into a bottom 4 role for us regardless of how good or bad he's played lol. 

IRT Lil, I just don't think they can let him walk for nothing. They either have to extend, bridge or trade him and either way that's adding money to a tight situation (unless it's a player for futures swap, obviously). Just seems that he's gotten a raw deal in Toronto so far since they are always in win-now mode and can't afford to have young players who struggle work through it.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Marner / Nylander thing is interesting because I do believe that Marner is the better player, but he is worse value and Nylander probably lands more in a trade because there can be a bigger market for him. Marner is also under contract an extra year.

Yeah, I know how ya feel there. It's been much discussed LOL.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

How the hell did they pull that AAV off after every defenseman with a pulse last FA go 9

He wanted the 8th year and they paid him upfront. He's getting $36m over the first 4 years. That and he loves Toronto so he did them a favor.

Edited by beekay414

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Unless Marner fixes himself you are selling way low and Nylander is on a too good a contract for them. Honestly I think they need to find a salary dump to take Taveras and find a way to convince him to accept