Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

20 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Im not a fan of Eichel by any means but give him a break He had an operation on his neck done a less than a year ago if hes struggling like he is now this time next year yeah I agree we can be highly critical of him

Nobody is being critical of Jack, my guy. If anything, it was a shot at Vegas not making the playoffs, which is hilarious, since that's Eichel's biggest goal. Didn't know it was considering being "critical" by stating a fact.

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nobody is being critical of Jack, my guy. If anything, it was a shot at Vegas not making the playoffs, which is hilarious, since that's Eichel's biggest goal. Didn't know it was considering being "critical" by stating a fact.

I guess that you taking things personally my dude people all over the internet are being extremely critical of him

Where in that post did I mention you? Oh yeah I didnt at all

Edited by mattyice0401

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm curious how they go this off season. All the hockey people hate the way they handle business and I love it. Doesn't work, go out and get the most expensive people you can find lol. But their finances are a mess. They are already at max cap and Reilly Smith doesn't have a contract for next year. 

They had a lot of injuries this year so I don't expect them to struggle as much next year, but they have to find a way to clear up the goalie situation. That Lehner situation seems like it may be bad. They have some pretty meh cap hits that they need to shed as well but that's a lot of older guys. Lehner at 3x5 isn't going to be enticing. Dadanov only has a year left, so they can probably get away from that, but he's 33 years old. The Devils have too many of his type as it is, so I can't see them helping out. The Karlsson deal  isn't completely out of whack, but nobody is taking on 5 x 5.9. Martinez is probably the 100% guaranteed lock to be gone. 2 years at 5.25 and I think he's still playing at a reasonable level. But they then have to replace these guys too. 

Really interested in seeing what htey do 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm curious how they go this off season. All the hockey people hate the way they handle business and I love it. Doesn't work, go out and get the most expensive people you can find lol. But their finances are a mess. They are already at max cap and Reilly Smith doesn't have a contract for next year. 

They had a lot of injuries this year so I don't expect them to struggle as much next year, but they have to find a way to clear up the goalie situation. That Lehner situation seems like it may be bad. They have some pretty meh cap hits that they need to shed as well but that's a lot of older guys. Lehner at 3x5 isn't going to be enticing. Dadanov only has a year left, so they can probably get away from that, but he's 33 years old. The Devils have too many of his type as it is, so I can't see them helping out. The Karlsson deal  isn't completely out of whack, but nobody is taking on 5 x 5.9. Martinez is probably the 100% guaranteed lock to be gone. 2 years at 5.25 and I think he's still playing at a reasonable level. But they then have to replace these guys too. 

Really interested in seeing what htey do 

Will be interesting, as well, if they change how they handle LTIR and all that. They have their work cut out for them, that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Not too sure I follow your counter argument but go off my guy

LOL just saw your edit to your original response to mine. You just happened to post it here, not "elsewhere all over the internet", by chance, after I made the post. C'mon, man. Just say "oh I see that you weren't being critical of him and just stating something you found interesting" and move on. My post 100% was the reason why you felt the urge to post yours. 

I agree with you, on not being critical of Eichel, I just found it funny that you took that as a critique of him and not just something that was stated harmlessly.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

LOL just saw your edit to your original response to mine. You just happened to post it here, not "elsewhere all over the internet", by chance, after I made the post. C'mon, man. Just say "oh I see that you weren't being critical of him and just stating something you found interesting" and move on. My post 100% was the reason why you felt the urge to post yours. 

I agree with you, on not being critical of Eichel, I just found it funny that you took that as a critique of him and not just something that was stated harmlessly.

Yes reading that post made me post that after seeing threads in other forum websites about Eichel all the IG posts about him being their problem made me post that but how is that any different from anything ever posted? How is that different from you posting about vegas and forge quoting you talking about their problems next year and beyond? It isnt only difference is you took my post personally thinking I was taking a shot at you when i wasnt

It was an extremely vague post of how Im seeing people blame Eichel for having a poor season and potentially adding to their problems

Congrats bruv you posted something that inspired me to write up a post about the same topic on a forum website

Edited by mattyice0401

My post has nothing to do with you other than making me think of all the crap Eichel has gotten when he had a neck operation done November

And I apologize if you took it that way but again it was not a shot at you

Edited by mattyice0401

5 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Yes reading that post made me post that after seeing threads in other forum websites about Eichel all the IG posts about him being their problem made me post that but how is that any different from anything ever posted? How is that different from you posting about vegas and forge quoting you talking about their problems next year and beyond? It isnt only difference is you took my post personally thinking I was taking a shot at you when i wasnt

It was an extremely vague post of how Im seeing people blame Eichel for having a poor season and potentially adding to their problems

Congrats bruv you posted something that inspired me to write up a post about the same topic on a forum website

Claps all around

Dude, I responded to your post about being critical of him stating my intentions with the original post and you took it personally lol. Rather than starting your retort with "sounds like you take things personally" you could've said "No, I get you. It's just I've seen so much other stuff around the internet being critical of him that it drove me to post that we should give Eichel a pass." or something other than some douchey response like "lol you took that personally!!!! Congrats bruv!"

Edited by beekay414

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Dude, I responded to your post about being critical of him stating my intentions with the original post and you took it personally lol. Rather than starting your retort with "sounds like you take things personally" you could've said "No, I get you. It's just I've seen so much other stuff around the internet being critical of him that it drove me to post that we should give Eichel a pass." or something other than some douchey response like "lol you took that personally!!!! Congrats bruv!"

You are an actual clown

I never quoted you or @ you, you are the one that started all this by @ me and taking it personally

I was nothing but making a comment about something I read from another post (Kinda like how these websites work) and you came at me.

Edited by mattyice0401